Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the upgrade the forums have been different...it used to be that everything showed "unread" until I pressed either "Back to...." or "Mark this forum as read" Now, it seems as soon as it comes up on the screen and I refresh, everything appears as read. What's up? I haven't changed anything on my end.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Originally posted by Rocketman@Nov 18 2002, 12:07 PM
Since the upgrade the forums have been different...it used to be that everything showed "unread" until I pressed either "Back to...." or "Mark this forum as read" Now, it seems as soon as it comes up on the screen and I refresh, everything appears as read. What's up? I haven't changed anything on my end.
What's causing this is that we are working on a few new areas of the site that use forum integration. For testing reasons, we have had to change the cookie forum prefix a few times. This has probably inadvertantly corrupted everyones' cookies.

You could try purging your cookies, use the delete all cookies set by this board, then mark all posts read and see if that helps for the future.

But, there will be further testing in the near future which will cause this to happen again. The view new posts part of MY ASSISTANT "should" be unaffected by this if you mark everything read once you have went through everything new.

Make sense?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts