Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys whats the best way to drain the coolant on my sled?? its a 97 zr580 efi...also whats the coolant/water mixture i shoudl run i dunno whats in there now but its wrong.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Attach a hose to the petcock on the front of the motor and open it.  Then remove the cap so you can let air in.  Just make sure when you refill the front of the sled is higher then the rear so all the air works to the front.  Vapor locks are a bi#*@.

·
Registered
26 Posts
 Skifreak 454. Drain the system as was said. from the drain
at the frt of the engine. run the hose out the right side were the exhaust pipe goes out. When filling the sled fill it with the sled level. mix antifreeze to 50/50. when you start the sled
leave the surge tank cap off and raise the rear of the sled about 4 feet into the air and with the engine running ,surge tank cap off and air will come out as the engine warms up. This is what artic cat wants done and it works very well.
 Taz800.

·
Registered
508 Posts
When draining and adding I do the above and always squeeze the hoses with the fill cap off to try and remove the air from the coolant lines.  I was told they had problems with air getting stuck in the thermostat housing, and then you know what happens.......

·
Registered
395 Posts
Lift the front of the sled with a floor jack while sled idles this will get the air out of the heat exchangers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should always use distilled water when changing or adding antifreeze to the snowmobile. It is better for the aluminum to fight corrision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts