Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up the above mentioned sled for my wife today and the guy that owned it prior to me (one owner sled and I know the guy very well) painted part of the sides of the bellypan RED. I really don't care for this color and my wifey likes it less. What kind of paint remover or product can I use to remove this without damaging the plastic? Also, The clutches have never been gone through in 2300 miles and I would like to give it a little more snap while I have them apart. Anyone have a tried-and-true set-up for this sled? I'm a little more cost conscience with this sled since I'm only planning on keeping it for this season so I'd like to stay away from the clutch kits if I could. Thanks!
--Bleedin' :devil:

·
Registered
708 Posts
being that the belly pan is plastic you may have some luck with a pressure washer, The paint most likely is not stuck on very good. As far as the clutch goes I would look at "goodwin" do a search on the web. they make alot of good stuff for the late 90's arctic cats.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My buddy has the same sled, last season we inst. a Goodwyn kit with great results. I have no idea on individual components. Good luck.
Rick. :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Well a 55-51 helix does a good job, a few grams heavier on the weights, and I can't remeber the springs real well. I think the driven is good and maybe try a green/yellow on the primary. This is basically Black Magics setup they made the mistake of posting it on the web one time. Anyway last year on my 00 zr500 I ran stock everything except the 55-51 helix which made for alot of snap off the line. In case you want to know to the stock setup for everything else on my 00 is 46.5 gram weights, yellow/white primary, yellow secondary, 53-51 helix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts