Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ets coupling kit and I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on set-up? The kit says adjust accordingly.    

ACM TIGHTEN TO THE MAX
 LIMITER STRAPS  USE 4TH HOLE (3EMPTY)
 CENTRAL SHOCK ABSORBER  SET AT 0 (ALWAYS)
 REAR SPRINGS  #2
 DSA FRONT SUSPENSION SET AT 0 AND +(DEPENDING ON SNOW COND.)

Is this pretty accurate or do you suggest a slight change?  I do a lot of trail riding so this is my main concern. I also weigh  180lbs. I havn't rid'n with it yet but I hope i't takes the rodeo'n out of the bumps.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Like any mods on a sled you have to play with it. Try adjusting one thing at a time until you are happy. I weigh 230 and have an ETS. All springs are at max, limiter strap at 3 and rear shocks are rated for 380 pounds. All the setups I've tried did not affect the performance of the ETS so if you ride rough, max everything, if not, slack. The ETS made a world of a difference in stutter bumps, washbord and tail landings.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 99 mxz 600 also that I have been modifing the rear suspension this year on.  I had the ETS kit on that worked good.  I took mine off and then took the acm shaft out and took it to a machine shop and had them thread it the whole length, I got a nylon locking nut that would fit the threads.  By putting a nut on the back side of the acm I have coupled the suspension front to rear as well as originally rear to front.  It does the same thing that the ets kit does, stops the rear scissors from opening up when the front of the skid encounters a bump.  If anyone is interested in this I can go into more detail on the other modifications needed to do this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 99 mxz 600 also that I have been modifing the rear suspension this year on.  I had the ETS kit on that worked good.  I took mine off and then took the acm shaft out and took it to a machine shop and had them thread it the whole length, I got a nylon locking nut that would fit the threads.  By putting a nut on the back side of the acm I have coupled the suspension front to rear as well as originally rear to front.  It does the same thing that the ets kit does, stops the rear scissors from opening up when the front of the skid encounters a bump.  If anyone is interested in this I can go into more detail on the other modifications needed to do this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts