Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The upgrade kit from AC is $130 US vs $100 or so for the AD Boivin ETS kit. If you guys (or gals) were going to upgrade your rear suspension which kit would you go with? Why?

I am leaning towards AC kit, just to be all Arctic stuff. But $30 would buy a few gallons of gas and oil!

Thanks

Maxwell

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the AD Boivin ETS kit on my ZR and like it. Ask around and you should be able to get it cheaper from someone else. The only advantage to going with the Arctic Cat kit is that it allows for adjusting the amount of coupling, the AD Boivin kit does not. SWRules

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the AC factory kit on a 01 ZR. The factory kit includes the coupler blocks ( similar to polaris). It also includes a new rear scissors assembly, drilling template and hardware. It works and does provide adjustability. However, you are drilling, and do require a puller for the upper wheel assemble on the skid, best thing to do it take the skid to a AC dealer and have them remove the wheel to disassemble the rear arm. A lot fewer head aches.

Its a toss up. Really comes down to adjustability. You do get your monies worth from the AC kit.

Good Luck, and enjoy what ever choice you make.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts