Snowmobile World banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
lol, I just realized this thread was from almost 4 years ago!

I just brought my sleds home from storage and all 4 are now really dirty :( All the way home, I kept thinking about how nice an enclosed would be.

·
Registered
270 Posts
lol, I just realized this thread was from almost 4 years ago!

I just brought my sleds home from storage and all 4 are now really dirty :( All the way home, I kept thinking about how nice an enclosed would be.
[/b]
I know this is not the most recent thread but I would like to say inclosed is the best way to go. No salt, frozen covers, excellent storage options for gear, improved sercurity and great summer storage, drive in drive out, service and fuel doors for easy access.

Down side, is the fuel economy drops but the bennifits far out wiegh the fuel economy.

Personally for me I only trailer twice a year, once on the way to my snowmobile hidaway in the beginning of the season, leaving the sleds there for the season and once at the end of the season.

The reason for this is due to my destination being 8 hrs one way drive time and 3-4 hours if I fly and drive from the airport.

When I plan my trips out west I rent sleds for the length of my vacation, for the cost of trailering to a far off destination you can fly, rent a sled and pay for your stay for less then it would cost to trailer your equipment out. At least in my case living on the east coast.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
I bought an enclosed trailer near the end of the season two years ago, allowing me to take a trip up north for the last ride. Worth every penny I spent. It's the only time I used it other than a place to store the sleds for the summer, but I always have the option of chasing the snow.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Well Paul it's a little late for finding good deals on used covered trailers.
Here's the deal i got a couple of months ago: [Just got to rub it into ya buddy].

1996 Triton Elite 101"x10' drive on-off, great tires, 4 blown shocks [$75.00 to replace], all the plastic runner crap that I tossed, 9 new running lights [$4.00 ea], great spare, tongue jack [$22.00] and $1000.00 for the trailer.
So I got 1133.00 bucks in an excellent well kept trailer.
Sorry bud I had to hehe. But really dont waste your money on those plastic cover-up thing a ma-jigs, do it right and enjoy for it many years.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
MikeD has his trailer with 2 Toy-Carriers on it for sale at a very reasonable price.

The only reason he's selling it is because his stretched Rev won't fit inside the carrier with the bumper attached.

I've never heard him complain about it.

Jeff

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't have to trailer anymore, I'm 400ft from the trail! :p

21 - 29 of 29 Posts