Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did all the pre season maintance on stu-guys 02mxz 800 gade. I noticed that the rubber flap that the tuned pipe sit on was missing a rivot. Upon closer inspection we noticed an impact mark in the support,(right by pinky finger in pic). The crack is just above the bolt and almost 2 inches long. The top piece moves quite easily. Gonna try for warranty on this one. We will see. From what we can tell the nut for the clamp hit the support.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
After reading this i thought i would have a quick peak at the support on mine,seeing as the pipe is off while i'm waiting for parts.Mine is cracked as well :angry: The rivot
closest to the engine(the one missing on perm's post) only had the head of the rivot in the rubber,the body of it had sheared off and the crack almost extends to the front rivot in the support.
The obvious lack of r&d and/or engineering is really beginning to show on Bombardier's products of late.There customer service is also horrible.The person who i'm dealing with on several issues takes days to return phone
messages.This is unexceptable :angry: I have been loyal to ski-doo sleds for the last 10 years and i can now say this is the last new ski-doo snowmobile i will purchase.Yamaha is looking better every day ???
Why don't a few others go have a look at yours.Mine is a 01 mxz 800 for the record.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured others might be broken as well, as nothing out of the ordinary was done to this machine. The crack is impossible to see unless u lift the rubber piece up.

·
Registered
261 Posts
We've seen quite a few like that and they will warrantee it. mine 02 800 did it last year, and for not buying another skidoo because of it , all i can say is { WOW} I'M GLAD WE DON'T HAVE YOU FOR A CUSTOMER IT was caused from the pipe bouncing up and down on it.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanxs ghostrider, I am gonna talk to the dealer tommorow about it then. Also going to check ladyks02 mxz800 as it is still in the shop waiting for the new tuned pipe. As long as they cover it , no problem. For some reason these things like to pop springs, and when a sping is missing and you hit rough trail I believe that is when the damage is being done. M2C

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have replaced that rubber piece and those rivets several times now and it dosnt bother me half as bad as it bothers some of you guys. Not to say it shouldnt! I ride really hard and take big jumps and it is caused from the pipe bouncing up and down on it. It gets worse if you add a canister!

As for the support, I dont see the point on wasting time for warranty to fix it. The part only costs approx $15 or $20 Can.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Perhaps i over reacted a bit by making that statement but
i'm getting tired of seeing stupid little things break on relatively new machines.I've never lost a spring on mine
so it's just a weak part combined with lack of r&d etc IMO.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
H & P out , it is not the rubber that bothers me. It is fine and only needs a rivot. It is the frame support that is the problem. I didnt realize they were so cheap. I am still going to try to get the part through warranty and install ourselves as it is a new machine. I myself am starting to wonder on the R&D.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dont get me wrong, for a sled that has been out since 99 you would think that they would have all of the LITTLE problems sorted out.

Me personaly, I try not to let the little things bother me. Its when a engine blows for no apparent reason that really ticks me off!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Any way you could circle the crack on the photo and repost so I know exactly where this is appearing?
I have 2 ZX MXZs and I sold a 99 that had a crack right in one of the welds on the right side front support.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here is a pic of the crack circled. A couple people said they had a problem seeing it :D :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thanks, I will have to check mine.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
A bead of silicone down the spring will stop them from breaking :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts