55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just receive a used set of crank shop pipes for my mach z
but i can read this on the shipping box (written with a felt-tip pen ):

96-98 mach z 1025
s-2000 trail silenced

I'm a bit confused. 96-97 mach z have S-2000 and 98 is CK3

My sled is a '98 CK3 stock.

My question is what is the difference btw a set of CS 800cc trail silenced pipes and a set of CS 1025 trail silenced pipes ? How you can tell ? i can't find a part number on the pipes.

Can the set of 1025 work properly on a stock 800 ?

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Those pipes wont fit on a ck3,i had a pair for my 97 and they wouldnt fit on my buddies 98,plus if they are 1025 pipes they are for a totaly diff motor that uses crank shop cylinders and heads.You should call Kirt at the crank shop and ask him about the demensions of those pipes,maybe they were just put in the wrong box.Who did you buy them from a private seller or the crank shop,if you dont have the number it's 1-877-878-9692.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Remove silencer from pipe measure ID of outlet on pipe that should tell me what motor they are for.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I got the pipes from a private seller ... in pretty bad shape before i repainted them .... rust , dirt and broken silencer but no perforation. Hopefully they look like new now :)

I can't mesure the outlet right now , i'm at work but i will try to post it today.

By the time , if you got the number .. could you plz post them here ?
???

·
Registered
333 Posts
First off the mach have always been (f)chassis,i think that the frames are the same but the belly pans are different.Why not just try to put the pipes on and see if they fit(easier said than done if this is a 98,will need a transfusion after spring removal)If they fit your chassis then the other problem will be volume,and if it is correct for your engine.Kind of sounds like you got screwed,hope not......They most likely fit the old chassis mxz with the big tripple conversions .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts