Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I store my Arctic Cat Z570LX in my garage up on rollers with the track suspended. I took the cover off to admire this machine and could not resist cranking it up. Man does it sound good and cannot wait for the snow to fly this season. I let it run for 10 minutes before shutting down. It certainly filled the garage with the wonderful smell of 2-stroke exhaust. Love that! Of course the wife was not too thrilled as some drifted into the house. Too freaking bad, right?
Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
I store my Arctic Cat Z570LX in my garage up on rollers with the track suspended. I took the cover off to admire this machine and could not resist cranking it up. Man does it sound good and cannot wait for the snow to fly this season. I let it run for 10 minutes before shutting down. It certainly filled the garage with the wonderful smell of 2-stroke exhaust. Love that! Of course the wife was not too thrilled as some drifted into the house. Too freaking bad, right?
Richard[/b]
Great thing to do on a regular basis if you don't fog the engine and drain the carbs for off season storage. You are protecting your investment by running the engine at least once a month by lubricating internal engine bearings and seals and by not allowing the fuel in the carbs to evapourate and plug the jets and passages. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Richard[/b]
Hey that wonderful smoke keeps the mosquitos away too :whistling:

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey that wonderful smoke keeps the mosquitos away too :whistling:[/b]
I can tell you, in Florida we have plenty of those critters.

Richard

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Doo the same thing with our two sleds, thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just added a little 2 stoke smoke into my garage last weekend also. IMHO it's always a good idea to do this 3-4 times in the off season to keep those crank seals from permanently attaching to the crank. :undercover:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Note to self

start sled tomorow :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts