Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have been reading a litle here and there about this crankproblems. Can anybody tell me whitch year they got it right for the Mach Z and what are the symptoms and the fix?

Norwegian

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The MachZ never really had a crank problem "rarely" it was the 6-700 triples, mostly the 700.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I thing all the triples were prone to pto crank bearing poblems, but I have also seen them go alot of miles with out a problem, A lot of the problems come from not storing the engine correctly.
Formula500, doo you have a crank problem?? The symptom is a siezed engine the solution is a remanufacted crank, you can get them from Ski-Doo, I just heard that the reman cranks when way up in price. A triple crank is around $1500. cnd.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr670, no, i dont have a crankproblem, i just wanna know that my engine isnt a typical crankproblem machine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks for the reply'es! I like this forum! Seems like those who can help, want to, and there is MUCH less crap than on the scandinavian forums! I guess it is essencial to store the engine correct so the bearings dont get dry. I love my tripple! :devil:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I havn't heard of any 800 crank problems but i have with the 700\600 triples. The problem i heard of was the pto side oil port wasn't big enough to feed both bearings... those bearings would go and then take out the rest of them therafter. A shop here in North Bay Ont. does a mod for the triples afflicted with this problem. They drill out the oil port a bit to ensure enough oil gets to the bearings. Since the mod, every sled they've done are all running as strong as ever. SWRules

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you're handy with hand tools, I can tell you how to fix it for less than a 20 dollar bill. It involves drilling a hole in the crankcase, taping threads and installing a grease zerk. All you have to take apart is to remove the engine clutch. You'll need a couple of drill bits, 1/4 x 28 tap, grease zerk with 1/4 x 28 threads, set screw with 1/4 x 28 threads and a GOOD synthetic racing grease. I used Amsoil. Want all the info, let me know-I'll explain it it detail for you. Very easy fix-takes about 30 to 45 minutes total. After you've done it once, you could do it in half the time. I now have about 4300 miles on my sled (1997 Ski Doo Grand Touring SE) Engine is the same thing as a Mach 1----700 cc
Triple w/ Triple pipes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts