Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crashed my sled into a piece of buried farm equipment and it  pushed my bottom pan . This bent all sorts of stuff. does anyone know how i could get the dent in the front out? i thought about using a heat gun but im not sure. Or im i screwed and i need to buy a whole new pan thanks

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You can try heat.You might have some discoloration if it is creased,but I suggest go with the new pan to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I feel your pain,man I tore up my Cougar last week the second day I got to ride it.
have faith though,anything Arctic Cat or Ski-Doo or them can build, we can tear em up and re-build them better

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You can try heat, but you will be better off just replacing the pan.  Post an add on the classifieds and see if you can pick up a used one.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys  a new pan would be hard to put on is that something only a shop should do?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
skdoofz670,
are you saying the bellyban ? if so that's not seriuos just put a pan protecter over it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
A skid plate will do the trick, it is a good idea to do this anyway.

I am assuming that you do not have one?

The bellypan is easy to change, getting to it is the hard part. But, only time consuming, it is just a big puzzle, find where the pieces go.

You should at least pull the pipes out and inspect your bulkhead and pipes for damage, hitting stuff usually causes stress fractures in some critical areas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts