Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly is cross link suspension, ive heard about it not being on the firecats, but what exactly is it??

·
Registered
140 Posts
There is a hyd.line that runs from one shock to the other. when one starts to move it sends fluid to the other shock and it starts to move in the same direction. Some people love them and some hate them. I sold one late last year with fresh shocks for $350 and the guy is very happy with it

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey head, don't the shocks move in opposite directions.  So if you hit hard on the front, the oil moves to the back and "pushes" the back down.  If you could imagine a set of whoops, the contact points will go over the peaks and valleys with less effect on the chassis of the sled.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The idea is to reduce the rocking motion of the skid so the front and rear of the sid are acting the same. Sometimes I don't do the best job describing things, so I found an article that does a good job of it complete with pictures. I don't know how to do a link so I will just have to type it all out. www.snowtechmagazine.com/articles/crosslink/crosslink.html   If I didn't get that right go to GOOGLE and do a search on "arctic cat cross link" and you will find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts