Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you that have been on SW for a few years know, I've never been a big fan of the REV chassis. Well after seeing the new XP chassis styling (not for me). I decided to bite the bullet & get a REV now. I figured if I ran the Legend another season, there might not be any carryover '07s out there that I would like.

Mind you rotating the secondary up to create legroom for us beanpoles is a start. I would've bought a GSX Limited, but the red, black & grey looks cheap if you ask me. Bro even said the round holes in the nose look like the windshield of his '86 Plus as 'doo back then recommended drilling 10 holes in front of airbox inlet to cure a high speed vacuum issue.

So I was looking for either a GSX Limited or MXZ Adrenaline, w/ the 600 SDI motor & electric start. The 2nd dealer I spoke w/ (Centreton) had the MXZ w/ electric start. I should've done the deal then on Monday morning as I wasted a bunch of time on non-productive phone calls for 2 days.

Lot's of GSX Sports out there @ the dealers. I wonder why. Not too crazy about the blue & white though.

Well, today I picked up a MXZ Adrenaline 600SDI from Centreton Farm & Sport in Grafton. To say that I wasn't impressed with some of the "sales" people out there is a understatement. Some were not organized & didn't have a clue what they had in stock. One guy didn't know that the No No No incentive was still in effect. I told him yes, until Saturday. Some places their prices weren't much different than during a good season before the clearout incentives start.

Well here's a pic of it. I'll post a better 1 after I unload on Saturday.

I know this will be a good omen as in the fall of 2000 (after a brutal winter of 1600 miles of riding) I bought my '01 MXZ 600. The '00/'01 season was my best ever w/ over 4300 miles including riding in Durham Region before Christmas.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Have fun this summer, oops, I mean next winter. It will seem like it is taking forever to get here. So how was your deal. Did you make out as well as Jeff did?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have fun this summer, oops, I mean next winter. It will seem like it is taking forever to get here. So how was your deal. Did you make out as well as Jeff did?[/b]
Not sure what retail was on it, but w/ the prices some dealers were quoting me there'll be lots of '07s come this fall. I could've paid for it now & saved 400 bucks, but didn't really want to tack that on to what I owe for getting the Monte's body touched up & repainted (pics later as well).

You'd think they didn't mind paying the interest over the summer. Come the end of the No No No incentive tomorrow, I can't see a lot of folks flocking to buy a sled.

2 weeks ago 30cal4me bought a new '06 GSX 500SS for less than what he paid for the sister-in-law's '98 583 Formula DL.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Congratulations Revrnd, sure you'll come to love it. Curious though, heard you state previously about the SDI option perhaps not being what it's cracked up to given the 500SS sleds fuel economy, regular fuel, regular oil and lower initial investment. Believe your sister in-law (??) has one. What made you search out another SDI?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of my displeasure may have arisen from the meddling during Season 2. After the update @ the start of Season 1, it ran fine & never fouled another plug. I should've left well enough alone. There supposedly was a update @ the start of Season 2. It was a nightmare after they monkeyed w/ it. Just look @ the sled & a plug would foul.

I took the sled to another dealer @ the start of Season 3 & they reflashed the MPEM & did the plug swap that BRP recommended. No fouling problems after that.

Also, I tend to ride my sled more in the warmer spring weather than bro or his wife, so the SDI helps w/ that. Plus, the SDIs are set up now to run on 87 octane gas. It does away w/ fiddling w/ the choke.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Some of my displeasure may have arisen from the meddling during Season 2. After the update @ the start of Season 1, it ran fine & never fouled another plug. I shoul've left well enough alone. There supposedly was a update @ the start of Season 2. It was a nightmare. Just look @ the sled & a plug would foul.

I took the sled to another dealer @ the start of Season 3 & they reflashed the MPEM & did the plug swap that BRP recommended. No fouling problems after that.

Also, I tend to ride my sled more in the warmer spring weather than bro or his wife, so the SDI helps w/ that. Plus, the SDIs are set up now to run on 87 octane gas. Plus it does away w/ fiddling w/ the choke.[/b]
Yep, sounds like BRP has the SDI thing down now, again congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Congrats on the new ride revrnd, I too disliked the Rev chassis due to fit (didn't like what happened to my knees) so I made the rev fit me by replacing the bars and pulling back the steering column. A few clutch, suspension and motor mods and it fits just fine now. Only complaint is the guess gage.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
WWWHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Congrats Kris from one REV RIDING CAW BROTHER TO ANOTHER REV RIDING CAW BROTHER.

There's still some trails open, limited.

Goderich here in the South West. In the north, there's Dubreuilville, Hearst, Hornepayne, Geraldton, Nakina, Terrace Bay, and last but not least the Superior Snow Challenge Loop.

What do you think? LOL. It's tempting isn't it.
I'm so glad I got at least one quick ride in last weekend.

I have the 2007 price list.
The 07 MXZ Adrenaline listed at $11,250 plus if you ordered the electric start during the spring order it would add another $450. (That's the dealer cost for the complete electric start kit.) If they have to install it, they usually charge $700 - $800. I got them to sell me the kit for their cost and I'm installing it myself.

Only 280 days left until next sledding season.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the new ride revrnd, I too disliked the Rev chassis due to fit (didn't like what happened to my knees) so I made the rev fit me by replacing the bars and pulling back the steering column. A few clutch, suspension and motor mods and it fits just fine now. Only complaint is the guess gage.[/b]
I'll play around w/ the bar location as well. I may have to fab a 1 or 2 inch riser to move the bar back. Have to wait & see.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WWWHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Congrats Kris from one REV RIDING CAW BROTHER TO ANOTHER REV RIDING CAW BROTHER.

There's still some trails open, limited.

Goderich here in the South West. In the north, there's Dubreuilville, Hearst, Hornepayne, Geraldton, Nakina, Terrace Bay, and last but not least the Superior Snow Challenge Loop.

What do you think? LOL. It's tempting isn't it.[/b]
Jeff, my SPA week isn't until the 16th of April. Probably a bit late for a trip up north :D . Maybe we'll have to start a REV owners caucus. Snow days for anyone that rides a REV.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Congradulations!! Now the long wait begins!! You will love it once you get it set up for you! SWRules

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Jeff, my SPA week isn't until the 16th of April. Probably a bit late for a trip up north :D . Maybe we'll have to start a REV owners caucus. Snow days for anyone that rides a REV.[/b]

Hey Chris that's a lay off week for us but my lay off got canceled because we're going into early bargaining. Otherwise, I'd give it a shot. LOL.

There's strength in numbers and majority rules.
Let's just make it a sledders caucus.
Us sledders have to stick together no matter what brand we ride.
As long as we're riding.

Jeff

·
10,054 Posts
Kris Now thats just mean,,,, here I saw the thread state you had switched to the dark side and I almost fell off my chair,,,, thought you had went out and bought a cat,,,, :cussing:

congrats on the new sled!!!

Brian

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Kris,

Here is the procedure for steering column fore and aft adjustment. I have all the technical changes to the PTEK 800 too if you want them.

[attachment=35122:Rev_steering.doc]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Congratulations Rev on your new sled. There isn't anything like a new machine to spark your interest again. Now get busy and get her ready for snow.

John.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
how much?Did you trade in the 04 SDI?

I see a dealer down south has a 06 Fusion 600ho for $6900 new

anyway Congrats Kris

Now your name fits REVrnd :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts