Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That Ontario bill post made me think about the right to ride in crown land. Are snowmobiles allowed to go anywere on them and what kind of permits or insurance doo you need if any. I've been going to an old fishing camp and always brought my old safari which isn't registered or insured. I would go on the old logging roads there and sometimes on the trail which cuts across some 50 km further. Is what i'm doing legal?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I personally dont know about all legal implications of riding on crown land but i do know that as soon as your sled leaves the driveway "legally" it must be registered and insured regardless of where you are riding it..even if its only out to your ice shack and back..steve

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Once you are off your property whether it is private, public or Crown Land, you need to have registration, insurance a valid operator's or driver's license and a DOT approved helmet.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know, but are we allowed to go everywhere on crown land?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Some roads on Crown Land may have earthen barriers and/or ditches across them to keep out vehicles. If there are posted "Closed to Vehicular traffic"  Then I would assume sleds are included. There may be areas up in northern Ontario due to fishing regs that are closed too. Rottie might be more familiar with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts