Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so pops has a 2000 Touring SLE and i was inspecting it and realized HOW RESTRICTIVE it is. Was thinking about modding it and putting a better setup on it. However i read on the side engine is designed to work with this air box so I was like hmm. Figure I would ask the board see what you guys think.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
How about a pair of K&N filters instead of the airbox? Make sure you rejet the carbs as more airflow will lean out the gas/air mixture.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Be sure to duct cool filtered outside air into the carbs. Breathing warm under hood air (belt dust too) won't help your cause. Keep in mind that pod filters make a lot of intake noise and sound boggy compared to factory tuned air boxes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would just like to make more fuel economy and better throttle response. Should i just leave it or does K & n make a kit for sleds that have like a y pipe to a single air filter that pulls air from the top.

My real problem is taking that bulky thing off its a real pita and I hate taking it off. On my gsx the battery is right there on the right side. I feel like engineers pre 03 wanted to make the batteries in the hardest spots to reach. My 02 Seadoo gtx RFI was soo hard to get too vs my 06 RXP which can access the battery very easily.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
leave it alone. not worth the noise, let alone the jetting hassle.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Isnt the SLE a 380??? I get around 17 to 20 mpg with my daughters 380.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts