Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who installs pipes to save on fuel.

Face it, if you pipe and clutch your sled, you are not looking at increasing your milage.  In fact, because you probably have the throttle pinned almost all the time with your new pipes, your mpg is going to decrease.

Your milage is a direct refelection of the go-happy lever.

Just my two cents!!!

newf

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
What changes have you noticed in MPG after installing pipes, specifically D&D pipes?  I put them on my ZR800 and the mileage seemed to go down.  I did not have the clutching done yet, so hopefully the mileage will be better this season since I've had it clutched this summer.  I know I will still use a little more gas since the engagement is now about 4800 RPM.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I did BMTwins, BM eprom, a thin head and "messed with thee pri & sec" to my little cat, and now 21hps later I dont see any change at my mpg...

How do you guys do??

No offence...

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
NEWF, I didn't buy them to "improve" my mileage, but just like my cars and trucks, I do monitor fuel consumption for any drastic changes which could mean something is wrong w/motor or fuel delivery, etc.  Just wanted to know what you guys had noticed.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I got a complete D&D on my seld. My buddy has the same sled stock. I didn't notice much differnece in MPG. Think mine got alittle less... But not very noticable.. Depends on how you ride it.. I think Sometime i actual got better...  BUt i belive it didn't kill mine.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Thanks guys...I think mine should be more in line since I got the clutching done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts