Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting the pipe/chip combo for my ZL600. It is suppose to boost it 10+ HP. Has anybody used on of these? Will it effect the sleds durability? What kind of performance boost did it give you? Any help is appreciated.

Oh yeah, my ZL is EFI

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have D&D on my 00 Zr 600 LE. I like the sound of the pipe. Not to loud at low speed. Gas milage is about the same as my buddies stock 600. Mine came used with the D&D cluthing on it. The cluthing could be different. If you like a real hard pull off the line. You'll like it. But if you stop and go ALOT.. It can get annoying. It can be very smooth at mid range though. Buts the stop and go is hard on the belt. But other than that. No problems with mine. Sled has 3300 miles on it. I belive it has had it since I was new. Bought it from someone I know. Think SNOW!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just installed a D&D pipe & chip combo, D&D can and a D&D clutch kit on my  00ZR600EFI. I think there is a big diff from stock. A budy of mine took her for a rip and he couldn't believe the difference it made. I don't know if catman has the same problem or it maybe the same as what he is talking about. The sled still has the little bit of hesitation at the start. that can be changed throught the springs and weights, I don't feel like putting any more money into her right now. I also have 120 studboy picks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody know how D&D compares to the Black Magic single pipe/clutch/chip setup? Which on is better?

·
Registered
512 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Little green sixer @ Jan. 25 2002, 10:07pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know if catman has the same problem or it maybe the same as what he is talking about. The sled still has the little bit of hesitation at the start. that can be changed throught the springs and weights[/b][/quote]
Not sure if it's D&D but mine is deffenitly clutched differnt. I have no hesitation on the start. I called the guys and D&D and they said it was changed to eliminate that problem..  So maybe thing about that also when you purchase. I recomend A softer sping i think... Mine hits about 5000-5500 in there and hits hard and goes. I wish it was a little eassier on my belt.  :-/

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey, make sure the symbol matches the one on your sled. Under your tool kit, there should be a square or a triangle or circle. Make sure that symbol on that one for sale is the same.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hay guys I have a 00 ZR500efi and have D&D pipe,quiet canester,clutch kit,fuel pressure regulator,reeds,and I thought it was fast. 2 days ago I put Hedder wrap on the pipe and what a difference that made. One of the guys I usually ride with, whenever we run it is side by side,yesterday I took him out of the hole and pulled 5 sled lengths on him up to 80mph.
try it it sure made my pipe come on and work the way it should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts