Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew if the D&D powerbreathers were any good. I was thinking about adding it to my 98ZL500 it has twin pipes now. Just wondering if it was worth it? Or if it would help any? Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My brother-in law has a 98 zl500 and put a powerbreather on but not sure how much difference it made as he also added UFO's ,Vforce2 reeds and a clutch kit. I can tell you that all together it made a big difference.

Also we gutted the airbox one day (with the powerbreather) big increase in pull .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks ArcticZR580!

I have UFOs and twins pipes thats about it. Looking toward the powerbreather to help it breathe better. Does your brother in-laws run rich with the UFOs? Mine runs rich a lot in the midrange. Just wondering if you knew if he changed his needle jet or jet needle when he added the UFOs? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm not sure of his jetting but he does run rich in midrange its a gas pig.I keep telling him to get an EGT but he wound listen.

·
Registered
677 Posts
all the cat guys i ride with have the powerbreather and it does make a huge difference when used along with v-force reeds and pipes. They dont seem to breath very well with the stock airbox, my uncle put one on his zrt along with reeds and a b&b can and it really woke it up.

·
Registered
485 Posts
WE have D.D. power breather on a 98`zl,scents 3 winters ,jetting with the D.D.
super single,grass drag set up for trailing, lite weight camoplast track(8lbs under stock)
ets rear coupling kit .This sled aslo has v-vorce delt 2`s and a wahl brother hub and disc set up.
The gas mpg 12-14 now the jetting is up to 420`s (390`s) with pipe only.The clucthing
is is orange primary,pink secondary,dda dylton helix and if i recall correctly it swing`s
52- 52.5 grams.This makes it wake up and stand tall (5500-5600)engage you need
strong clucthing with these engine to make the run.You should change your carb to engine boots if you all ready haven`t,for they crack and end up sucking air and burning down.
these set up will run with or ahead of the new 600`s and most of last years 7`s except
for 700 doo`s.You will out run a clutched viper right trougth top end.
Cape Breton Stock.........................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts