Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using Netscape 7. I never get a 'done' message at the lower right of the screen. It seems that the whole page is loaded (dsl connection, so after minutes it should be) but it still says "Transferring data from www.snowmobileworld.com..." down there. The progress bar on the right ran up to full, and is just sitting there, rather than disappearing after the page is loaded (probably because it doesn't say 'done'). I think this happens on every SW page I visit. I'll start paying attention as I surf abound and see if it is different for different pages. Anyhow, what's up with this?

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Originally posted by performancex@Oct 14 2002, 12:12 PM
I'm using Netscape 7. I never get a 'done' message at the lower right of the screen. It seems that the whole page is loaded (dsl connection, so after minutes it should be) but it still says "Transferring data from www.snowmobileworld.com..." down there. The progress bar on the right ran up to full, and is just sitting there, rather than disappearing after the page is loaded (probably because it doesn't say 'done'). I think this happens on every SW page I visit. I'll start paying attention as I surf abound and see if it is different for different pages. Anyhow, what's up with this?
I think this might be an issue with your system. I have Netscape 7 also on my system (along with 5.7, and 6) and I don't have this problem. I included a screen shot of the forums loaded:

You may want to contact Netscape support to see what might cause this problem. I checked over 30 pages in SW including most of the standard forum views and can't recreate the problem. If anyone else is having this issue, PLEASE, reply here or send me an email. A sreen shot would help a little also.

BTW, I also noticed that the pages in SW, along with most other sites I viewed including Netscape's own, take nearly double the time to load in Netscape 7 compared with IE 6. You might want to switch anyways. Just a suggestion.

Sorry...

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if you're not concerned, neither am I. It's not causing problems, I just know it's not right.
As far as page loading speed, I have dsl here at work, so I can't tell any difference between IE6, Netscape 4.7 and Netscape7. Netscape 4 did crash on me, though, while viewing SW. It's done it a lot.
I will try all three browsers at home tonight, where I only have 56k dialup. Then I will be able to tell if there is a speed difference between browsers, and I'll see if I have this NEtscape7 problem there, too.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Originally posted by performancex@Oct 15 2002, 12:01 PM
Well, if you're not concerned, neither am I. It's not causing problems, I just know it's not right.
As far as page loading speed, I have dsl here at work, so I can't tell any difference between IE6, Netscape 4.7 and Netscape7. Netscape 4 did crash on me, though, while viewing SW. It's done it a lot.
I will try all three browsers at home tonight, where I only have 56k dialup. Then I will be able to tell if there is a speed difference between browsers, and I'll see if I have this NEtscape7 problem there, too.
Thanks. Let me know...

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I'm at home, with my slow connection. No data transfer problems with Netscape7. And, Net7 is FAST. About 2 seconds faster per page than IE. And we don't need to discuss Netscape4.7. It's a piece of crap. It's slow. But it does work properly.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Originally posted by performancex@Oct 15 2002, 08:46 PM
OK, I'm at home, with my slow connection. No data transfer problems with Netscape7. And, Net7 is FAST. About 2 seconds faster per page than IE. And we don't need to discuss Netscape4.7. It's a piece of crap. It's slow. But it does work properly.
Ok. Sounds like it must be a transfer or http request issue with your other system as far as the data transfer hanging. There's nothing I can do about that issue.

To each his own on browser. I just noticed on MY system that Netscape 7 was slower than IE 6. But, that is just my system, it appears it's not like that on yours.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts