Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corey: On the index page the last action for some topics is fairly up to date. When you click on that topic, The last reply was a different time. Sometimes the error is as much as a couple of days.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're looking for a reason to get rid of the polls aren't you
 And yes the problem seems to be on the polls.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (revrnd @ Mar. 25, 2002, 9:37pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Corey: On the index page the last action for some topics is fairly up to date. When you click on that topic, The last reply was a different time. Sometimes the error is as much as a couple of days.[/b][/quote]
Hello,

The polls on the forum work a little different than what you might expect.

The index page lists the date AND time of the last action in that particular post/poll. It does this to keep posts and polls back on top that have had some recent activity.

When you click on a poll, the last action time and date may not reflect the last post time and date, because there is a difference.

For example:

If you vote in a poll AND leave a post explaining the way you vote, let's say at 8:00pm, the last post that was made will obviously be 8:00pm.

But if I come along let's say at 11:00pm and JUST VOTE in the poll (I just voted, and left no post whatsoever), the last action of the poll will now be 11:00pm. So the index page will show the last action at 11:00pm.

But when someone clicks on the poll, the last actual post showing will still be yours at 8:00pm since all I did was just vote but I didn't leave a post. So as users scroll down the page, the last post that shows up is yours at 8:00pm.

I know it is confusing, but it does this to make sure that a poll doesn't keep getting knocked down the page EVEN though users are voting in it. The software uses the last action date and time to organize all the posts and polls.

I hope this helps explain things. If not, please reply here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
revrnd,
 corey said what i was going to tell you but you had too hear it from an official, it's okay no hard feelings.  

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
z800rtx,
 i think we'll just leave that one alone because i have created enough demons for one night.  

·
Registered
858 Posts
Oh yes you did  

1 - 8 of 8 Posts