Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
i like evening and night because during the day the white all blends together and i cant see bump or jumps very well evening and night casts a shadow so i can see better....lol

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I like them both as well but I do find the lights at night to be helpful with oncoming traffic around corners ect......You can see them coming.
At night however when your out in the middle of nowhere and you turn off your machine and it is eerie quiet it can be a little spooky......LOL
w00t

Daytime is fun for the scenery and fellow sledders out that you can take a good look at thier machines ect...

Snow4

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Night time. Daylight is safer all in all, but oncoming lights are easier to see and there's nothing better than stopping out in the middle of nowhere and seeing every star in the sky....Thats something us city people don't get every night.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
I'll boondock all day get dinner then hop on the trail and head back to camp!
but sometimes it never works out that way! LOL

[attachment=38166:766_edited.jpg]

[attachment=38167:S.W._RTY...7_edited.jpg]

[attachment=38168:S.W._RTY...6_edited.jpg]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
then hop on the trail and head back to camp![/b]
Did I hear this right? Hop on a trail? Mr. " I don't need no stinkin trails" ????? :D

Snow4

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I prefer day riding as I spend most of my time off the trails. The oncoming headlights at night do make some of those hairpins safer at night without a doubt. As long as you can keep your speed down at night that is, otherwise you enter the kill zone. The headlight only shines so far, at higher speeds it will take you farther to stop then you can see. This includes stuff like fallen trees, vehicles parked on trails and critters. Most of the snowmobile deaths that occur happen at night involving a stationary object.

My 2cents

Permafrost

·
Registered
361 Posts
i like the day head lights at night make me not see inthing but them so when 430 comes iam on my way home plus it helps that are camp is on the trail so when moning comes its out the door and gone

·
Registered
361 Posts
either one would be great right now, but i must say i like day better, i like to have people check out my sled :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
I enjoy riding day or night. I like riding in the day more but most of the time I ride during the day & into the night. It is nice coming home from work & hit the trails for a couple of hours. :D

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I don't mind riding @ night usually a short ride to check the stars, but if I'm out during the day, we try to get back around dusk. When the sun starts to drop so do the temps (especially in northern Ontario).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts