Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres the first f7 to die this winter. relitives down cape breton highlands went 6miles before a brand new f7 died. the skidoo 800 for sale in the forum and yamaha made it home and the f7 made it home in a coffen.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
What exactly happened to it.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it is funny but its not if you know what i mean. one good thing about it is itshould be covered under warrenty. he called a dealer and they said it could have been when they put the temperature guage on it that they may not have bled the system and it cooked itself. the dealership is going to look at it tommorow so i will post more when he finds out.
skidoo rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
man if it was the dealers fault that it puked I sure as heck would not want them to work on it again. sucks for the owner, not the first memory I would want of a new sled. probably will have that thought in the back of his mind everytime it is ridden.

·
Registered
692 Posts
cooked what?
i would want that motor taken down to see if theres any heat damage! the saying goes you get what you pay for! spend the money and get a doo :p

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by mcali17@Nov 5 2002, 10:48 AM

So lets get this straight. The sled did not die, IT WAS MURDERED!!!
That's one way to put it. It reminds me of the time a friend took his '90 MX on its first ride. It blew the rad hose off. My dealer changed the rad cap when I picked up my '90 Mach 1, as there was a recall due to the cap not opening. When I checked his cap it was the original cap. Luckily there was no damage to the motor.

When we went to his dealer, they didn't know about it. They looked in a binder & sure enough there was the notice !!! :cussing: :withstupid:

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by cooley+Nov 4 2002, 10:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cooley @ Nov 4 2002, 10:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bcool@Nov 4 2002, 11:14 PM
Hey sharky, yes it is a Saber Cat Ski doo eater. I think it will still take Cooleys doo on one plug.
:sly:
well see in the highlands this winter[/b][/quote]
Cooley, you're lucky you're so far away, I'd bring out the ZRT and spank your ###. The rest of you downing the F7 cause of improper setup are just plain pathetic. :cussing: If it was a doo you wouldn't see the flack you're giving, AC riders have more respect. :inlove:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't know, I was reading posts in the cat board and they're talking about it being "normal" to need to rebuild your clutch every 1000 miles. Doesn't sound too reliable to me.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Doo = yellow too, and yes, we're always eating a lot of that for lunch!!!! :D

1000 miles for clutch rebuild...that's rediculous. Hopefully those other posters were on drugs. Almost 4000 miles on my last sled and no clutch problems.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts