Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parry Sound, Ont radar run (did not get a chance to run the radar).

Raced my '02 Adrenaline 800 in approx. quarter mile against an EFI crosscountry ZR800 and a carbed ZR800. I weigh 210lbs. A 120lb chic was on the EFI and a guy was on the on the carbed. All sleds bone stock. I set clicker on #1.
All three of us were dead even all the way up to 160+kph on the speedo for all three runs. The lake was flatass hard pack and we were all picked. No one was pulling ahead.
Go figure,the BS I have been reading in the mags stated the EFI as the fastest this year in the 800 twin class. Not so.
As stated in an old Arctic Cat advertisement "Power to weight, Power to weight, Power to weight". There was also a ZR900(weighs in at 506lbs dry) that showed up and apparently earlier that day was running no faster than the the ZR800 and MXZ800.

PS. Sled runs much better with heated carbs off. No backfire or blue angels. Throws off the DPM when warmer than -20 C as the carb temp is increased by 150 F with them on.
Noticed improved fuel mileage as well.

·
Administrator_X
5,122 Posts
Glad to hear it Louis. Our 800's have been getting a bad rap this year. I raced an 01 and an 02 800 pol... and beat both of them and they are wrenching on theirs all of the time. For once, I've left mine stock and it's working great! As far as fuel milage, we all took nearly the exact same amount of fuel exc for the 700 XC that was with us. He took more!! We averaged about 10.5MPG and we were riding hard and fast. So much for the fuel guzzling slow pigs, eh!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts