Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any place that shows how much a dealer realy pays for the new sleds? Every time I try to talk my dealer down some, he cries and says that he's already selling it to me for $100. over cost.

·
Registered
677 Posts
A friend of mine worked at a dealer and he told me that they make very little if any money off the new sleds. Around here we usually get $800 to $1000 off MSR.(canadian dollars) I think they make most of their money selling parts and accessories.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I had a dealer quote me 7482 US on a '03 Renagade 800 RER. That's out the door with set-up and our 6% sales tax here in Michigan. List is Like $8,600. So there is definetly plenty of room for them. And this is from a dealer that doesn't push sleds much at all.
Caleb

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
they make 17.5% with a 3% hold back. So a 8300.00 (msrp) sled will cost the dealer around 6900.00 but, they have to add 160.00 for freight from Valcourt and 75.00 for set-up cost. So in fact the dealer has around 7135.00 in that sled. The dealer doesnt make his money on the sled, he makes his money on the parts and services.....I used to be a dealer.

Caleb(tator tot), pm me with your phone number. My sister-in-law is looking to re-finance. She lives in Detroit.

Brian

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
with a 20% mark up on acc. right?nice seeing a former dealer here :D .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts