Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just picked up my 02 ZR 800 efi Cross Country from the dealer yesterday. Today, I put on 50 miles and nothing has been fixed. The machine still doesn't want to start, there is now a major hesitation in it, my front shock and adjuster that was to be fixed worked for two miles then quit working. All these problems were expressed to the dealer and I personally seen him write them down on a work order.

I asked the dealer about a service order that was supposedly released on the efi machines, I believe it was SAS 206. He said that he had no clue as to what I was talking about. I asked if he had any knowledge on the SMART VALVE situation and he aknowledged that there was "contaminents" in the fuel tank which are clogging the smart valve. I asked if they removed my tank and had it cleaned. They said they removed the fuel pump and smart valves and one of the valves was stuck closed. Their remedy for this was to unstick the valve and install it back into the tank. He said they inspected the tank and it had no contaminents in it. O.k it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the valve is stuck closed, there is obviously something in the tank clogging the valve.

The starting problem was remedied by changing the throttle safety switch. Yeah, that worked good. It only took me 7 pulls and a wide open throttle to get it to start one time today. So much for 2 pull starts that the EFI's are famous for.

Front shock and adjuster had stopped working. I could only get two turns out of it, then it wouldn't turn no more. Expressed this to my dealer. 2 miles later and wholla, same thing.

That phone call to my dealer on monday morning isn't gonna be to pleasant. My exact words to him before I picked it up was " do we got everything fixed up and ready to go" and his answer was yes. 50 miles later I'm back on my way to the dealer for all the same problems. What does warranty mean. Put it in the shop for a couple of days, stand around and look at it, then push it out the door to another happy, satisfied customer. I guess I don't spend enough money to get proper service.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only other dealer around here I couldn't trust as far as I could throw them. Anytime I have been there for parts for my other Cat, they don't know their head from their BEEP

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I feel for ya fastcat02.There is nothing more frustrating than having a new sled that is a big POS.I mean thats why we pay $10-$12000 every few years so we eliminate the need for constant trips to the dealer or at least so we think.Luckily for me my current dealer has been very fair with me.I recently had some issues with my 01 mxz 800 that they resolved with out a problem.I didn't have to use the # for ski-doo that paul so gratiously gave me.And it should never have to go any farther than dealer in my opinion.I know from experience that dealers are alotted many good will gesture programs that they can use,but the problem is many choose not too.The problems that you describe with your dealer are unexceptable.I wish you luck and i agree with paul that maybe it's time to find a new dealer.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I can say is that I WILL NOT BE RIDIN CAT next year. One bad apple spoils the bunch. I like to be treated right when spending that kind of money on a product and they just ain't cutting it. I will be buying a Polaris next year due to the fact that there is a very good dealer here in town and have heard nothing but good about them. I was considering a Ski-Doo but was unable to locate a reputable dealer in the area.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I hope I never those problems. I know I would get frustrated if my brand new sled were to consistently break down. When a guy pays more for a toy than for a decent vehicle you expect the thing to work. If I was in fastcat's situation heads would be rolling.....I woudl be pushing Arctic Cat for a refund on the sled....not credit...a refund. Buy the sled back from the customer at street value..not KB book value. Imagine what a precedent like that would do? The manufacturers would think twice before putting something on the market that is problem-ridden. I bet they won't want to start giving people cheap rental of their sleds every season.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Fastcat a phone call to cat maybe the answer,if not for your own satisfaction but to help the next guy that goes to that dealer.Rolling heads only makes matters worse and if you talk to cat they will ask you if you have discussed your problems with the owner of the dealership.Have you?If the owner is brushing you off raise #### with cat.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks MXZ7 for the name but I got somethin a little more catchy. How's about Rocketman2 cause he is my hero. OH, I'm only kidding of course, but I got somethin up my sleeve, I just gotta talk to cory and see if I can do it

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Most probs can be resolved without bringing in the big guys.Being in the repair business I know how I want to be treated by a customer.I don't want to deal with an irrate guy that won't give me a second chance if I make a mistake(very rare for me to make a mistake lol)My suggestion is to be the nice guy in this case.Go to the dealer,explain the concerns about the sled and how it is not fixed yet.Being mean and nasty can get some results but seldom helps in trying to have a good relationship with the dealer.Bring the guy in a box of donuts,they will do wonders for you.Trust me,poeple that appeciate me get the same treatment back.If that doesn't work,make the call.Dealers who don't take care of thier customers should be put out of business.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tend to agree with you mxz7, there is no need for screaming and yelling at the guy, but on the other hand, I don't want to come across as a push over. I am not stupid, I now when something with the machine is not right and when I communicate that to the dealer I would expect something to be done to it. The funny part of this is that when I picked the sled up I asked if they took the machine outside and ran it for awhile. The whole problem with the starting is when the engine is warm. I told him to run it for awhile or even take it for a burn then shut it down and try to start the POS. He said that they didn't need to run it because they had the problem fixed. Now, I don't understand how you can say it is fixed without checking if it is fixed. Try one thing and if it doesn't work, try to diagnose the problem. My father owns a transmission shop. It would be the same if he rebuilt a tranny and didn't test drive it first to see if the tranny worked properly. It is a poor way of doing buisiness and a good way of losing customers. I know it is not his fault for the machines breaking, but it is his responsibility to fix the sled, especialy under warranty conditions. A little more time diagnosing the problems and checking to see if the problem was cured would have saved me a lot of time and money seeing as how he is 30 miles away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts