Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be worth more to a dealer on trade....stock sled or slightly modded (ie clutched, silencer, shorty boots, 501 rv)...hypothetically speaking of course...

·
Registered
387 Posts
bone stock hands down.

i trade/sell every year and stock is the way to go. If some wants studs they can always add them, if someone wants a sled without studs and your is studded, they have to look elsewhere.

now don't get me wrong if studs or some other mod is important to you, put it on and enjoy it! worry about the trade/resale later!

i just like'em stock

just my 2c

·
Registered
625 Posts
Stock will be worth more, especially to a dealer who has to warranty it! They have no way of knowing if the mods were done right and by whom so they will have to pad their end to cover the extra risk.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
a sled with mods is worth no more to the dealer.best to take all your bolt-ons off before trading.at least you have the chance of selling them to someone.

·
Registered
767 Posts
stock is all I'll ever buy...you can't trust how people install mods. If it's not done by a professional you can have a lot of problems in the future. I am really picky with my toys and they always get the proper care and parts. If you want something faster, buy a bigger sled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts