Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering how everyone that bought a skidoo thinks about there dealership.

Personnally I love going to my dealership (Central Outboard). They stickup for me and honestly give me the best deals, plus discount. I really feel like im taken seriously there.

If i ever ran into a problem with my sled, I wouldnt lose sleep over it becasue I know that these guys would have me on my way as soon as possible.

I have bought almost everything from them and i have never had a problem. I get high milage on on my machines.

Maybe i take good care of them, maybe im lucky, but I think it has to do with the fact that before i took delivery my dealer went over it with a fine tooth comb and set it up perfectly.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I've dealt w/ White Water in Peterborough since '92. Service has always been good. I had to prod them a bit to adjust my oil pump when it was too rich. They've always had my sleds ready for the weekend when I've had them in for service. I think that is the major reason you should sort of stick w/ one dealer that you like. You may pay a bit more for the sled than the guy down the road, but they'll look after you when the crunch comes.

The salesman that I had dealt w/ when I bought the last 2 sleds is no longer there ( no sleep lost when I heard that) so I'll see how things go when I order the '04.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I love my ski-doo dealer Kenisis Lake Marine.Doug is the best.Not only does he give us an amazing price on our sleds, parts, accesories and labour,but he fixes our rides while we wait if at all possible.He will take a part off of a showroom machine to replace ours if he doesnt have it. When I sank my sled in Little Redstone Lake,he put me in the shower in his house,left a deal he was writing up and took his employee's, my hubby,his brother-in-law, and rode over to where my machine was hauled it out and had it in the shop before I was out of the shower. He was supposed to be going out to a dinner party that night and just changed the party to his house .He never charged me for pulling out my sled (which I understand is quite expensive).I rode my machine the next day for 300km and 3000km more before I traded it for my 700. :) :) :) :inlove: Our sleds have always been tuned great.When we doo our deal for our new rides we sit in his house and have a beverage and watch big screen T.V. :) :inlove:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Skidoo was always good to me also. I still like those guys and go visit and talk SeaDoo all the time. I think its the service guy that makes that place tick. I have known Rae since he put in OT on a friday long weekend to rig my new boat. The guy is great and when there was a problem with the sled he went out of his way to make me happy...........I have never showered at his house but the next time my plumbing goes on the fritz I might ask. jk

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've just bought a new sled from Leatherdale marine in Orillia. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about them?
The last new sled I bought was from Allan Byers, near Orillia also. They are a John Deer dealer. I like the feeling you get buying from a farm equipment dealer as opposed to a recreational (toys) dealer. They seem to be more straight up, less fast talk, although they may or may not have the same service expertise.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you will find out weather there a good dealer yourself very fast if you ever need somthing. There all pretty good around us. But if you ever have a problem and there not taking care of you head on down to Central Outboard Marine and they will take care of you.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I deal with HB Cycle just north of lindsay on hwy 35.They have
treated me good.There are a few dealers closer to me but i find
it is worth it to deal there.

·
Registered
278 Posts
This yr I got my sled from the Cove on hwy 69. so far so good they had the best price in all of Muskoka and gives me 15% off on any thing I get in the store. As far as bad go`s Never I mean never buy from Northland unless you have more $ then you know what to do with and they talk a big talk for the sale but when you need something,Well get ready to bend over ! :doh:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm with you mxz7, ROB's is the best! Maybe we'll see you there on SAT. I'll get there around 1 or 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The last two sleds I bought were from the Cove, great service and always there when I needed something. The sled season is way to short not to have good service from your near by dealer. I,m kind of lucky the Cove is just down the road from my cottage. Even if I could have got my sleds 3 to 400 dallars cheaper at another dealer, I still would have bought from the Cove. To me it all about service. When the snow is down and I ready to ride the last thing I want to do is wait while my sled is in a dealer. So far The Cove has always got my sled ready for me by Fridays and that's worth more then 3 to 400 dallars! :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by rev'd up@Oct 4 2002, 01:56 AM
The last two sleds I bought were from the Cove, great service and always there when I needed something. The sled season is way to short not to have good service from your near by dealer. I,m kind of lucky the Cove is just down the road from my cottage. Even if I could have got my sleds 3 to 400 dallars cheaper at another dealer, I still would have bought from the Cove. To me it all about service. When the snow is down and I ready to ride the last thing I want to do is wait while my sled is in a dealer. So far The Cove has always got my sled ready for me by Fridays and that's worth more then 3 to 400 dallars! :D
rev`d up The cove was the only place to let me take the rev out for ride. It was hard enough just to get to sit on one at some of the other dealers. They were the best in price for my trade as well. They just seem realy down to earth and dont try to B.S. you in to a sale. :) and I did not have to pay 400 dallars more. They were less then any one else or at least the same as a few.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a chance on the rev as well at the cove. On a Sunday on the way back from a trip from Timmins a buddy I noticed that the gates were open at the Cove and A REV was sitting in the yard. We did a U turn on the Hyw with our machines on the trailor and entered the yard. After looking and sitting on the machine for a few min,s Dave walked out of the show room and threw us the ignition plug and said take it for a spin. Although we only drove it for a short time around the yard , it was enough for me to order REV 800 from him. Have not picked it up yet but will in the next couple of weeks. I bought a new 800 Mxz from him last year and I also found his price was better then any one else.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Originally posted by Steimy@Oct 3 2002, 03:58 PM
I'm with you mxz7, ROB's is the best! Maybe we'll see you there on SAT. I'll get there around 1 or 2.
Steimy, i'm planning on getting there about 2:00. We are looking at a house at 12:30, but that shouldnt take to long. What the heck is your real name anyways? Then I can ask Scott if you are there or not.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I sounds like most of us are in the same boat. For me going to the dealer is a relaxing experiance and then when i get there all the machines are laid out its just the best. Its like a snowmobile show everytime.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by rev'd up@Oct 4 2002, 04:15 AM
I had a chance on the rev as well at the cove. On a Sunday on the way back from a trip from Timmins a buddy I noticed that the gates were open at the Cove and A REV was sitting in the yard. We did a U turn on the Hyw with our machines on the trailor and entered the yard. After looking and sitting on the machine for a few min,s Dave walked out of the show room and threw us the ignition plug and said take it for a spin. Although we only drove it for a short time around the yard , it was enough for me to order REV 800 from him. Have not picked it up yet but will in the next couple of weeks. I bought a new 800 Mxz from him last year and I also found his price was better then any one else.
rev`d up:

I was in last Wk and sat on a new 800 rev wonder if it was yours. :p Im still waiting for the 600 to come in.. We will have to get out for a ride sometime. :D

·
Registered
664 Posts
Mxz7, My real name is Jeremy. I don't think Scott would know unless he saw me. We'll see ya there though, I know what you look like, Horsecollar Nick should be there too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My dealer, Smith Marine in New Britian PA, is just great to me. I am probably there every other Sat. morning. I bring a dozen donuts, they supply the coffee. One year, while I was Quebec, I was having a slight problem with my new sled. I called them from a dealership to tell them about the problem. He told me if I wasn't back on the trail in 2 hours to call him back. About an hour later, the owner of the dealership I was at, told me he had just received a call from a SD rep asking about my sled. I buy sleds, trailers, parts and clothing from them. They are very nice people. I couldn't be happier. I've also dealt with the a**holes. It's great to have a good dealer.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Originally posted by mxz7@Oct 4 2002, 08:21 PM
There will be a threesome of horscollars at the same place at one time. :p
YES, actually there be 100's of horsecollars there, they just don't know it!

I'm actually meeting another horsecollar from SW there I'm buying his 1.25 track- Doothedoo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts