Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the heck to you remove decal from a sled without messing up the paint job. I'm trying to remove them from my 2002 800 ski-doo highmark. ???

·
Registered
361 Posts
No seriously, I use a heat gun or hairblower to peal off sticker, then I use WD40 and a rag to remove gummy residue. Before installing any new stickers, I wipe area down with rubbing alcohol, then wipe dry.
Hope this helps !
P.S. Above post does work, just doesn't look as good afterwards.

·
Registered
316 Posts
tear the sticker's off then get some (goo gone) the have it at hard ware stores . it works great used it on my sea doo this summer. just follow the simple instructions and no worries it makes it easy and fast

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I use a hair dryer and some goo-b-gone to take off my old trail permits, works fine for me.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sorry, but you guys are half right. Use the hair dryer to heat it up and it will peal right off. But yes, there will be some sticky stuff left. But do not use WD-40!!!! Please, just use some Goo Gone. WD-40 will eat away at your clear coat on your finish, and will result in a change in the paint. Yeah, it could take a while to see the difference, but trust me, just use some Goo-Gone. It won't hurt your paint, and it takes the sticky stuff off really well. I do auto finish during the summer for many high performance cars(corvettes, show rods, and so on) so I know what I'm talking about. :D Just a word of advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for the info guys!! I removed the decals the way I accidentaly did on my dirbike (PRESSURE WASHER) but I was wondering how to get rid of the goo....

Goo Gone it is....

thanks al lot... :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you do not have goo gone try starting fluid. It works great and most of us have some around..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts