Snowmobile World banner

Decisions, decisions

3K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  318 
G
#1 ·
I may be getting a new sled, but cannot make up my mind.  I can get an F5 for $6950 or a leftover 02 ZL800 EFI SS for $7015.  Both are out the door with cover, oil, plugs and belt.  I just cannot make up my mind which one to choose.  What would you guys do?  Caleb?

#3 ·
Buy them both
..Get the one that suits your riding style the best..if you like to ditch bang..go for the F5..if you like to trail ride, I would go with the ZL...personally though I would wait a year on the F5, let them get a year under the belt on it. In the end it is your money..so get what you like

#4 ·
I still say to get the ZL ropb. You certainly won't be disapointed with it's ride and it's the same ZR motor so theres ni lack of power. And the efi rocks. Though I couldn't stand the green and black ones myself. I'd remove the funky green graphic and put some flames or other graphics on it.
Caleb

#7 ·
The ZL800 is a nice sled, but it doesn't quite have the grunt that the carb has. The clutching is very conservative. Remember, that EFI is hard to deal with if you want to tune. And the ZL will have a less agressive susp, package on it. It is a good price. If you wait, you might be able to find a 2002 ZR left over and have the ZR susp. to go with it.

Either way, I think they both will be good sleds.

#8 ·
I'd go w/the ZL...it will take a year or so for Cat to get the F-sleds right.  You're talking about a sled that rides very well and one that will ride very rough.  What kind of riding will you be doing...trails or snocross?
???

#16 ·
I can only dream of 0% with my credit as minor as it is. It's nice having a girlfriend now that has almost 800 scores. It's going to make buying a house alot easier if  she decides to sell her house so we can get one together.
Caleb

G
#19 ·
I almost went back over to Ski Doo but I don't want to buy a new suit and helmet right now.  And to think of all the AC hats I own, my wife would kill me.  I have a million Red Wing and Arctic Cat hats.

#21 ·
ACzrt600, Why dont you hold off untill after this weekend. What I mean is, go up to Nelson's speed shop they are having their 'sno-motion' this weekend [fri & sat]. If you have never been there it's a big swap meet-grass drags-sno cross yes, I said SNO CROSS and big sales on ALL four brands, clothing and accessorys. They will also be selling new 02 leftovers so if I were you I would be there 10am friday to get the best deal. Their located in Greenville 3 miles north on highway 91. It's not that far from Lincon Park, about 3 hr's for you.
Take 75 north to 69 west to 27 north to 57 west and it's just a few miles to greenville.

#23 ·
I definetly wish I had your loan closed as that would mean your zert would be mine and I'd be getting another paycheck, two in one week. Oh well we can close it next week I believe. I'm doing robs mortgage in case any of you are wondering what we're talking about. Any one else looking to save  on there mortgage drop me a line even if you think you have a great rate I may be able to beat it .
Caleb

G
#25 ·
I don't want to stiff Mark up in Lewiston, he has put time in and I found out last night that the ZL800 EFI SS cost to them is $7100 and I am getting it and all the goodies for $7015.  he he he  

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.