Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a newer ride.Currently have a 97 Mach 1 with ETS kit.It rides well for the F body and love the power and smoothness of the 3x3.Anyways looking for some insight on my next purchase.I'm choosing between a 99-00 Mach Z or 99-01 MXZ 600/700.Never had or rode a Mxz before,always had the mighty Mach's.How much differance is between the 600 and 700 for power?The Mach Z's are 99 Mike Houle edition and a 00 Mach Z.Is there much differance between these 2.Always wanted a Mach Z but thought i'd way out my options first.Also seen a 99 F111 800,purple screamers are nice,any comments on this one?Thanks in advance for any comments.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi ski-doo68,

just try it and compare the ride and performance.The best suggestion i can do!It' why i do before buying any snowmobile! This is in important decision for me because i put 20 k to 30k before thinking to buy another snowmobile!
If you want an light and nervous snow go with MxZ.If you want a confortable cruiser with lightning acceleration and less agile sterring and more gasoline consumption go with the Mach!I prefer the Mach because the engine is rock solid , i have somme 24500 milles on it!

Take care! Z36Qc :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would go with the king of the snow the machz these sleds are a dying breed you can always get one of those 2 bangers that the manufactures are shoving on everyone soon you wont have a choice go with the 3 x 3.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Z36qc ... Holy Moly 24500, thats some serious mileage. What year is your sled?

·
Registered
677 Posts
If you are used to rideing a triple then you will be dissapointed with anything else, twins just don't have that smooth pull that the triples have.I would deffinatly buy the MACH Z, last winter i switched with a friend who had a mxz 800 and couldn't believe how slow it was compared to my MACH. No sled has that arm stretching pull like the MACH Z.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I agree with paidincash, I totaled my 97 machZ and bought a mxz670HO. After the first trip with it, I bought a 99 MachZ and worried about selling the MXZ later, which I did. I initially loved the MXZ until I hit a long straightaway and found that the 670 had a stopping point. The thing about a machZ is this, if you don't want to go really, really fast you simply don't push the trigger as hard. If you have a less powered sled and want to go faster you can't!

I learned to live with the sub par ride because I loved the adrenaline rush until my last trip out last year. The absolute worst trails I had ever been on and my buddies 02 mxzx's ate up the moguls (I unfortunately tried one out). If I never would have went on that trip, there would probably still be a machZ in my trailer instead of an RX-1.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by paidncash@Nov 9 2002, 08:26 AM
No sled has that arm stretching pull like the MACH Z.
What do you mean?
My sled would smoke a mach bigtime...

Just my 02

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
hahaha...Clicker I bet that race would be closer than you think ;)

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I'll qualify what I mean...Stock vs Stock, IMO, MachZ pays the bills....MachZ done up just like yours, IMO, takes your pink :p Therefore....Stock MachZ vs your ZRT, MachZ loses, but won't be left that far in the dust. :D Just the humble opinion of a guy with a baby mach ;)

I love bench racing...its all I got! :p :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Greenclicker, what kind of mods do you have on your sled? I would bet you wouldn't smoke my mach, i am not stock either. If you are heavily modded you might beat me but never smoke me, Thats a fact.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatboots@Nov 8 2002, 01:25 PM
Z36qc ... Holy Moly 24500, thats some serious mileage. What year is your sled?
Hi my 24,500 Z is a marvelous 98 mach Z with center dump pipes and 47 inches center to center skis!!!
I can ride another 20000 km probably after a rebuilt!!

Take care Z36 Qc :sleeping:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
So about the Flll, remember it is a single pipe 800 down about 20 H.P. It will stretch your arms even further than a Z but for only about 200' then it's over. Unless you can get a super deal like I did on mine then you can update it to Z specs. pretty easy.
To save a lot of time just go for the MachZ, very impressive machine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well looks like i'm leaning with the majority.Scap the MXZ and bring on the Z.The 99 F111 also has the triple pipes already on there so i'm between the Mike Houle edition or the F111.Go big or go home i guess.At least i'm still able to keep my 97 Mach 1 and squeeze that for 100 smiles/hr.Thanks for the positive feedback.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Also remember most Flll's came with 'junk' motion control shocks. BIG differeence between them and HPG's. The Flll sits up higher in front which makes it a nice trail cruiser. You can replace the front shocks with one's off a 98 MachZ as that was the only Z with taller shocks. I picked some up a junk yard for $100.00 bucks and sold the old one's for $90.00. :nervous:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts