Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

The new machine I bought only has 1 DESS plug.

Is there a way to contact a dealer or ski doo directly to get a spare. If so, what do I need? Ownership, VIN, ETC.

I have a bad habit of loosing sled keys and its not like you can bypass this ignition.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Just take your sled to the dealer and get them to program one for you.  They have dropped in price quite a bit in the past couple of years.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I'd take the ownership along with you. It only takes a couple of minutes for them to program one for you. They hook up a scan tool to the MPEM box. I bought an extra one when I picked up my new sled, just in case  

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
they need the sled because you are actually programing the mpem to accept another tether.they can be programed to start with up to 7 differant tethers.not to mention the mpem has the owners name in it if the selling dealer done that.I would have them put your name in the computer now.I have 3 tethers for my trail sleds and they will start either one.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Dooman, I hadn't heard about the multiple tethers. I'll let my brother know.

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys.

Can the ownership change be done at any Ski Doo Dealer?

The selling dealership is significantly out of my way and I don't want to travel there just to have this done.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
You don't even have to take it off your trailer or truck. Just pull up to their door, lift the hood & you're ready.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really like having the teathers start both of my machines. That way you don't have to go with the multiple guess process when it is -10F!!!!! A definate must for families with multiple sleds.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Idooski ,I have a tether I will send you can have coded for that rev also,LOL
. you want me to send it to the shop

1 - 13 of 13 Posts