Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i was ridindin in munising a couple of weeks ago .there was a half day of rain . then it stopped . but my dess light came on .i was wonderig if the freezing rain had any thing to do with it.it seemed to be running good.what does that light supposed to indicate what kind of troubles?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The only time I've had it come on my sled ('01 MXZ 600) is when I've put the cap on wrong and tried to start the sled. I'll get the flashing light. Other than that I haven't heard any other reasons it would be on. Is there anything in the owners manual?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Ask your dealer. It may mean a trouble code for the MPEM, like the "check engine" light on your car or truck. They can hook up the scan tool to the MPEM and see if something is wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this happen to my 01 mxz 600. It was a night where there was a heavy fog. The dess light came on but it was very dim, did not affect running of the machine. I talked to a couple of dealers and they said a slight moisture barrier on the contact point could cause that. When switch and weather dried out everything was fine. There have been other post about this last year, same type of incident. Just for your own safety check with your dealer .                                                                                                                               cdoll

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I'll keep that in the back of the memory bank in case it happens to me  

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Mine came on once solid for about 20min then went off.No performance change and was fine after that as i put on around 300km that day.Dealer popped one in under warranty just to be on the safe side as all checked out ok at the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with cdoll, It has came on a couple of times on my 98x, with no drop in performance and both times there was water droplets under the plug.  Cleaned it off and the light went out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts