Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good aluminum polish for doing the tunnel on a bare aluminum tunnel sled.I am currently using Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and it is taking way to much time and effort.Is there any thing else you guys can recomend that takes off the oxzidiation off quicker.This could take me forever.Any advice is well appreciated.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Unless you really plan on polishing that thing every week, I think you shouldn't even waste your time.  You remove the oxidation and it'll come right back--that's the nature of aluminum.  Further, that oxidation actually provides a good barrier against corrosion.
It's less work and more effective even (but more expensive) to just get it annodized silver.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know I should get the name of the stuff my bud uses but for now I  will say this stuff is unreal for aluminum. He is a trucker and get`s it at the better truck stops.I bought my mach1 from him and the pipe covers look like mirrors. jeff in nh

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've used never-dull on aluminum and that works good, I don't know if the shine will last any longer or if it's any less time consuming.

·
Registered
333 Posts
auto sol in a tube,use to use it on my srx drag sled and it looks like chrome with a little elbow grease, also works good on ski doo pipe covers, heat wont bother it

·
Registered
172 Posts
polishing pastes work good to bring back a shine after something has been polished with a wheel and compound.
all you need is a polishing gun(variable speed) a polishing wheel(from a semi dealership or truck stop) and the polishing compound.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Never Dull is cheap, easy, and holds up about the same as others. For the pipe, belt guard, windage plates, and chaincase however, I take them off and run them on a buffing wheel with red rouge buffing compound! DooZ......

·
Registered
222 Posts
NeverDull, AlumaBrite, and Simichrome here.  They all work good.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just had a thought-
Wenol
Supposed to be some really good stuff.  I have never used it myself, just heard.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I use this stuff called Wenol.  Works awesome on my alum. rims.  Makes them look like chrome.  Just try doing a search on Yahoo.  It will find some places that sell it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts