Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 95 Mountain Max and had one ride on it so far. The next time, I went to start it, the diagnose light flashes and it does not fire. I do not have owners manual - any suggestions on what my first troubleshooting steps should be?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just purchased a 95 Mountain Max and had one ride on it so far. The next time, I went to start it, the diagnose light flashes and it does not fire. I do not have owners manual - any suggestions on what my first troubleshooting steps should be?[/b]

If you cant figure it out let me know I have a shop manual, maybe my brother would be nice enough to scan the diagnose light/troubleshooting section and I could send it to you. I think the shop manual will cover the mountain max, there all pretty much the same sled...

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Tell me the sequence of the flashes and I can tell you what the error code is. Also are you sure it's a 95 and not a 96? If your starting serial number is 8CC-012101 then it's a 96, which I suspect it is. If it's 8CC-004101 then it's a 95. If it's something else I'll find it for you. My understanding was 96 was the first mountain max, and the service manual seems to back that up although it's not really clear. Basically according to the service manual there is no diagnose light on a 95, only a 96, so we might want to get that straight.

The sled is supposed to flash the diagnose light 3 times after starting and then if you see it again you are overheating. But there is a laundry list of error codes. Some flashes are short and some are long, so pay careful attention to the sequence. Send me a PM so I don't lose track of this thread ;) and I'll let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts