Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody would recommend putting a dial a jet on the 900 or would something like a variflow work better. I am coming off a zr 800 efi and have always rode efi machines. i'm just looking for ease of adjustment. as well, where abouts is the best place to mount exhaust temp probes. any help really appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've heard a lot of Cat guys praise the Vari-Flow/EGT combo on a few different forums, I think a few of them had 9 hundys too. I haven't personally used a Vari-Flow or EGT's, but I did have a Tempa-Flow and loved it....I bought an ATACC for this year.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
tempa flow is an excellent system that keeps the jetting right on and I will never be without it on a carb job. Unless you have mods to your sled you can do without egt guages but if you do use them go with the digitron set up. At the slightest throttle movment they respond with what seems to be very acurate readings. the digitrons may cost a few bucks more than an analog but they are very easy to see and use. If your running stock pipe than your dealer will know and for most twins I was told 5 inches from the piston skirt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
:0: Plain and simple; DO NOT USE DIAL A JETS!
No matter what the local BS is they can cause more problems than they cure..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts