Snowmobile World banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
HPZRT...so you're saying an owner of a CAT 4-stroke could take their sled to a Chevy dealer if it needed to be repaired???
If it's the same engine like you say, then that would be true.  
That would actually be a plus for some people.

As far as the rentals out West, you just reiterated what I said...the CAT 4-strokes helped them deal with the problems out there...no other manufacturer had anything to offer them.
And sure, the Yami will create interest, but at it's current price, it may be a failure because the majority of snowmobilers will not ante up that kind of money for something that new.  Will the rental companies out west be ordering the Yami for their fleets...no..it's too expensive and too much sled for rental needs.  So Cat and Poo have something for them.  Again, not everyone wants a hi-perf sled and the current 4-stroke is great for them.

You also say "the majority of the public does not want anything to do with a 4-stroke sled"...you better call Cat, Yami, and the others and tell them that you have more research info than they do and they are wasting their time and money in R&D; I'm sure they'll be quick to compensate you for your input.

My point is, we have to credit Cat, or any manufacturer for heading towards a new direction, this one being 4-stroke tech.
Whether we end up with performance 4-strokes or cleaner 2-strokes...who cares...at least the manufacturers are doing something about cleaner sleds.  

Let's all pray for snow so we can ride something!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Last post zert800...........

Jim, A friend of mine just got a price for 7400+tax and setup. Not too bad and not as much as the article said.

Yep-I'm also praying for snow as well.....and we are both pretty much on the same page on the snow as well as the 4-stroke stuff.  

21 - 22 of 22 Posts