Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an e-mail from corey last friday this is what it said.

Beacuse there has not been a resonable amount of snow this season our sponsers are cutting down on there buget and we are one of the cut off's. Thats means that Snowmobileworld is going to be down starting tuesday. Unless we come up with a miracle or something its going to be the end of SW  

Thanks for all your help !

So what do you guys think we should do ?

Last edited by DanR at April 01, 2002, 08:38am

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I got it too...Maybe we need to think about user fees to keep her running?

Last edited by Rocketman at April 01, 2002, 07:39am

·
Registered
203 Posts
That stinks, AMSNOW charges for there forum even if you get their worthless magazine. We need to keep this going, if that means subscriptions well then that is what must be done. This is one of the top two snow forums around.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Well guys if this is whats going to happen we need to do whatever it takes to keep it up online, im all for membership fees if thats what it takes, and im sure all the other die hard members are with me.  

whattaya say guys and gal???

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
i have no idea of how much it should be for a membership but i dont say it would have to be too much, 10 or 15 bucks a year??? if everyone chucked 15 bucks a year it would be $50,000!!!  that should be enough LOL!! but whatever it turns out to be im in anyhow!  

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I'd pay.  It's bassackwards.  Since there's no snow, we all have a ton of extra time to be online on SW, so the sponsors should be paying more because they're reaching more viewers!

Last edited by DanR at April 01, 2002, 12:18pm

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I hope that Paul Yarek dude has to pay triple!  He alone probably overheats the server.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hey guys I am in for 20.00 to keep the forums open.
Who do I give my number to?

I know I don't have a sled anymore but maybe next year if I can work something out with Louie.

·
Registered
918 Posts
You can't multiply the number of members right now by their donation because I would think at least half the people on this site wouldn't pay, they would just quit. It might be as high as $50 a person DanR and I figured.
                                   Ryan

Last edited by RNM2399 at April 01, 2002, 2:04pm

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
it'll only be a couple bucks a month, let's just do it find out where to go with this. should we elect someone ? i think danr or rocketman.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I would pay member fees.Give everyone an SW sticker with their membership.We belong to the TDR and pay member fees there.Doo you think we could bribe them with cupcakes? LOL  

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I kick in a few bucks......But when push comes to shove the memberships will be cut in half as soon as they have open the wallets........But seriously if this is no joke the Canadian dollar is weak but not weak enough that I cant support

P.S
I still think that the sticker deal would help out with some of the costs,time and trouble for this site.......

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think the moderators just want new sleds...

But if it is legit, I'll pay.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JIM FRITCH @ April 01, 2002, 3:40pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the moderators just want new sleds...

But if it is legit, I'll pay.[/b][/quote]
eeeeehhhhhhh, new sled ? OK the price is 100$ a head, i realy want a new sled !  

1 - 20 of 64 Posts