Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 02 ZR800 EFI CC for $5400 with 556 miles on it. Its in MINT shape. Are there any known problems with these sleds? How do they ride in bumps and on curvy trails?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'd say that is a deal as  a good deal on a new one was aounr 6700otd
caleb

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
sounds like a deal.  I've heard lots of good things about that sled.  ONe of my coworkers has one and he just loves it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You will love that sled on bumps and curvy trails. If you don't then something isn't set up right. The best part is when the curvy trail dumps out onto a lake or a big field and you pin that throttle...

...I've got to stop now, I'm giving myself goosebumps.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That is a good deal, especially as we get closer to the winter, now is when sled prices usually start to climb. My Uncle picked up an '02 ZR800 CC, carbed, this past April for $4500. It is in excellent shape and only has 600 miles on it. The guy just wanted to dump it so he could buy a boat for the summer. My Uncle really lucked out. Good luck with it, I really hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yes there are a few known problems 1-many found the rear springs weak 2-skid frame shock failures 3-recoils are prone to breaking 4-on the intake boots, the reed stuffers are swelling holding the reeds open a little which causes hard starting hot. A/C has come out with an updated recoil, updated intake manifolds and rear springs. Many are hopefull A/C will have an update/repair for the skid shocks. I would assume the updated parts only apply if you are having an issue. Inspite of a few problems its a great sled.....Enjoy Rick.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great deal!
In sweden would a sled like that cost like $7500usdollar!!

Just my 02

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Are you kidding what a deal. I was at the dealer last week he had an 02' ZL 800 ss and he wanted like 7100 for it with 200 miles. I am still trying to find one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
at the outlaw grass drags the was a 800 efi cross country for 4450 no rips or scratches anywhere not sure on miles though but the price you paid is a little high but not bad

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you talking about the grass drags in Princeton? I saw what I thought was and 800 eficc for 4400 but I opened the hood and it was a 600 I believe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts