Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 phazer. I cleaned the carbs changed the fuel filter and pump, and still everytime I give it gas it dies. it won't start with the air box on but, it will start and idle with it off. I am leaning towards the needle and seat being bad. I need other input first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would try the T.O.R.S. system first. There are 2 wires coming off the carbs. I believe one is black with a yellow line, the other brown. Unplug these wires and then plug the male and female coming from the carbs together and the male and female coming from the ignition system together. See if that elimnates the problem. The T.O.R.S. has been a known problem on Yamahas for years.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Beeen a long time since I worked on a Phazer but there are two rubber plugs that go into the bottom of the carb and they must be in the right two of three possible holes. Check to see if it runs better with the fuel enricher on, if so than you know its starving for gas. Also make suer the vacume line has no holes in it and is connected up properly. Sync the carbs. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts