Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

What are the differences between the 2000 MXZ 700 and the 2000 Formula Z 700.

Do they use the same exhausts?

I am trying to find an aftermarket silencer for my FZ and all I can find are ones for the MXZ/Summit.

I don't want to buy something if it won't fit or if I have to modify the belly pan or anything like that, I just want a direct replacement for the stock one.

Thanks.

Come on Snow!!!

DP

·
Registered
524 Posts
Go ahead and get any exhaust stuff you'd like, it will interchange. The differences are in the motor construction. different casting methods, different cylinder bolt spacing, different transfer ports. They also have a different coolant tank.

·
Registered
524 Posts
No they do not have DPM. The 2000 FZ's are very strong runners, and I dont think you'll miss it anyway. Ive had 2 mxz's since 2000 , 1 with 1 without DPM I never really noticed a difference, although some say they did notice a difference.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If you look at the spec. sheet the only differences between the two are the shocks, some minor clutching diff, gearing and carb jetting and of coarse the colour. Most of the after market parts will fit both machines no probs, just remember if you change the exhaust you may have to adjust carb jetting. GO PURPLE!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Compare that spec sheet to the 99 1/2 mxz 700, clutching is the same!! Ive had both a 2000 fz motor and a 2000 mxz7 motor apart at the same time. NOTHING internal will interchange. Not base gaskets not case or crank parts. The heads are the same along with the reeds but thats about it. on the exterior they look the same but a close comparison will show the difference. Try it, its amazing the little things that are different that they eye doesnt catch. Put mxz shcoks on a an FZ and it will be a better sled than the mxz in my opinion.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TT670 @ Aug. 23, 2002, 3:23pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The differences are in the motor construction. different casting methods, different cylinder bolt spacing, different transfer ports. They also have a different coolant tank.[/b][/quote]
This is the first time I heard there was a difference in the 2 motors. I was under the impression, the shocks were the only difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts