Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first bought a anolog dual egt I opened the box took one look and sent it back.  I now have a dual display digatron.  I will be putting it on a 00zr500.  I was wondering if anyone has any advice that I should know before I start installing it.  Also were would I find mounting measurments for probe placement. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Tips:

1. Connect power lead from gauge to power source BEFORE the voltage regulator. Tapping into power after the regulator can cause erratic readings like the mysterious 1540 display.

2. Connect ground lead directly to engine ground. Passing ground through other connections or accessories can have similar effects as the 1540 reading...

3. Keep probe wires away from electrical sources as much as possible. Try to stay away from coils, plug wires especially.

4. Only snug up the probe clamps. Anything more than just snug WILL snap the clamp in two... and NO, that is NOT a standard hose clamp you can pick up at the local hardware store.

5. Arctic Cat Racing Handbook and Digatron can both provide probe location specs. If you have aftermarket pipes, MAKE SURE you contact the company before drilling.

6. Monitor plug readings and piston wash to establish an accurate baseline before relying on the digital gauge. If you are using synthetic oils, switch back to the standard petroleum based until you establish your baseline.

7. Contact your favorite parts place and get their latest catalog. You'll be amazed at how many clutch and carb parts you'll be needing...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts