Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your reports for OFSC District 11 here. Check this map:

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Was at my camp on Nippissing wed. and thurs. and at the Owls Nest Lodge (ONL) on Fri.Sat. packing trails for the French River Snow Devils.

South shore Lake Nippissing and French River. Snow
Snow depths were between 6" and 2 ft. in the bush and on the power lines. Most ditches are filling up. There is only a base after tracks had time to set up.

Ice in our neighbors bay was 6" for South shore of Nippissing, Trout Lake (ONL) had open water on Dec.10th so I’ll guess it’s only 1 or 2 cm. Think. IMO all water over 1 ft. deep is still to risky to cross.
Temps were -5 to -20, with another week or 2 of that I think the lake and beaver will be safe for me by Mid. Jan.

Got to the Nest Fri. Afternoon and made plans for packing land trails on Sat.
Plan had Rich, his helper meeting me and my helper half way through the day but, as it turned out I got a little off course and only saw Rich’s tracks when we got to the meeting spot. We must have packed over 100km. Of trail and 90% of it was 2 tracks goin and 2 comin back, I only hope they were all OFSC trails. LOL
With the cold weather packing has started and hopefully the ground and swamps will set up so the groomers can get out there. Had to call it off early to make it back south before todays storm. If you want help and get out for a slow and steady ride. Contact a club and see if they need folks to help pack the trails.
Be careful as there are lots of stuff under all that fresh snow to open your wallet. There was no base under any trails we rode on that didn't already have a track on it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Any updates on North bay area?
Coming up on the 26th and wondering about bringing the sleds.
I know usually tne north bay club is the last to open trails in the area while bonfield and mattawa will be in good shape.
How is Nippissing and Trout lake?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts