Registered
4,869 Posts
Trail work South End of Sudbury this weekend

meeting at Long Lake Public School at 9 am Sat and Sun

all help welcome

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Yup we are beginning trail inspections this weekend :)

We will be re route a section and brushing and clearing deadfall on other sections

If you have time and want to help it would be much appreciated :undercover:

I believe we will be meeting at Tim Hortons in Chemmy around 9am Sat and possibly sunday

Will confirm times wednesday

We will be attempting to be doing this for the next 3 weekends so the trails will be ready to groom come the big snowfalls expected this season :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Well there was 3 of us for half the day and 2 us for the whole day

Dan brought his quad out to help carry the supplies and such

We rerouted the trail behind Place Bonaventure mall to the Rail road. So there is no more 3 hwy crossings in 2 kms Not much brushing as part of it was our old trail 86-99 or so. We widenned a bit near an intersection and installed new signs. about halfway to the Mall we had to get off the old trail as that section was taking over by TransCanada trail and is a waste IMO in what they did as there is no way of using that section in winter as people rather walk on the sled trail then through 2 feet of snow and ruts.

So we cut a 50 foot section about 12feet wide to access the field. The trail then follows the tree line to the mall and crosses a little creek where I got soakers Stinky swamp water too :confused:

Dan left around 1 or so. Marcel and I had lunch and headed back to the mall and put up more posts and signs. We then went across MR 15 to retrieve the old signs on the trail no longer in use, we left the Trail Closed signs though

Finished up at 330 or so. Oh ya while pounding the second last post Marcel missed the post and nailed my hand OUCH :lookaround: :(. Its on ice right now and bruised but not too badly I hope

We might be going out again tomorow. If I get my bros quad I might head up to Verm and check the trail. Marcel plans on putting up a few more signs and posts behind the mall.

If anyone is interested in helping out.we will be at Tim Hortons(Chemmy) around 9am tomorow :rolleyes:

Oh ya sorry about only 2 pics was too busy to take more :p

Attachments

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Yup this is our 1st general meeting for the Northbound Sno Drifters of the season

Tuesday October 30th at 7pm
Lionel Lalonde Pavillion(old Rayside Highshool)on Mte Principale

We are holding some elections,talking about future trails and reroutes as well as current activity,+ plus we will be setting a date for our 20th anniversary which will be a Rock N Glo Bowling night sometime Jan/Feb. Family Fun day BBQ on trail is another thing to set up

tentatively the dates for future meetings are te last tuesday of each month,but I am trying to change that to maybe more mid month

So if you are in the area and ride these trails do not hesitate to pop in

I am looking forward to a great season on our trails

1 - 5 of 5 Posts