Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your reports for OFSC District 15 here. Check this map:

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
There is going to be a new loop to the Abitibi Canyon this season.
They are going to extend the existing Island Falls trail all the way to the Fraserdale Dam.

The Red is the stretch of new trail linking the Island Falls trail to the Canyon.
The Yellow trail is the existing "A103"
The Blue trail is the existing Island Falls trail.
The Green trail is the "A" trail from SRF to Cochrane with the existing short cut from the IF trail to SRF.
This will give every one a chance to boon dock all the way up to the canyon as it follows a nice wide hydro corridor all the way up.

P.S. All D15 trails are not open at this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fraz, do you have the GPS tracks for the new trail? If yes, could you post them in the GPS sub-froum?

Thanks,

Kris

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'll see what I can doo.
I know I have not had much success opening down loaded maps from the forum to my Mapsource program. I currently have a Garmin 60CS.
Last time I tried to open some of SW.com's GPS zip files was last fall and they wouldn't open correctly for some reason.
I'll try down loading your new file when it's ready and see if I can figure it out.
I don't worry about them too much as I often only use mine for back tracking later in the day.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Looks like I'll have to get up there this year for the new trail.....[/b]
The new trail runs rite down the power line from the canyon to the the OFSC trail we hooked up to after leaving Island falls jt. It's going to be a great trail for the big bored long tracks.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking @ the '08 Northern Corridor map it looks like they've done a slight reroute of TOP C. It now connects w/ TOP A EAST of Smooth Rock Falls. I wonder if this is to have sledders running from Timmins to Kap/Hearst (or vice versa) pass by the gas stations & restaurant along the hwy? W/ the paper mill closed, the businesses are probably hurting.

·
Registered
329 Posts
tonnes of snow here now. i can't believe how much we have already. in the middle of a storm right now.

jr

·
Registered
329 Posts
fraz

i will get you some pics. but for your imagination. i was carving today...lol

jr

·
Registered
441 Posts
fraz

i will get you some pics. but for your imagination. i was carving today...lol

jr[/b]
Dawg.
Oh well I'm off next week.
I have a few things to finish up on my Gade.
I'm hoping to get to my camp near North Bay for a couple days but ya never know were I'll end up once I start driving.
If I doo come your way, I'll send you mail before I leave London.
Enjoy the early snow and watch out for the ant hills.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey JR, doo you have an up date on the conditions for us after the rain you got yesterday?
I hear the rivers have a bit of water running on them. Did the rain lift the ice and doo you think it'll be safe to ride next weekend?
Have a merry x-mas and I'll be talking to you soon.
Fraz

·
Registered
441 Posts
Jan.5th
Been riding trails all week, in the evenings, while heading back to base and untill yesterday we hadn't seen more than 5 riders on the trials. Trails all week have been mint.
We saw 2 groups of 3 riders and 1 group of 2 yesterday.
We rode the "A" trail to Iroquois Falls yesterday and then rode back to the "A106 and Zeverly's loop turn off. From there we long way back to Cochrane.
Trails are getting a bit soft but there is enough base to keep things open.
The off trail is getting soft and heavy too but we've been able to go any were we want. Still getting stuck in 3 plus ft. of snow and having fun.

·
Registered
329 Posts
tuned

trails are good. the club is grooming to fraserdale tomorrow morning on the cochrane side. the new trail from fraserdale to smoothrock is groomed already. river crossing's have been flooded and there is alot of ice. temp's here have been - 30 since friday night. very cold and supposed to be that way all week.

here is this weeks forecast:: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/...7_metric_e.html

see you soon

jr

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've read elsewhere that there is about 11 miles of logging on the C trail south of Smooth Rock Falls. Does anyone know if the road is plowed down to gravel or is some snow being left for the sleds?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
i'm interested in that info myself. i also would like to know about the trail from iriquois falls to A105Q. is there still a trail and how is it ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts