8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your reports for OFSC District 3 here. Check this map:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Snow cover @ the 115/35 tunnel looks good. Planning on riding from the Port Perry clubhouse ove to Bewdley tomorrowe. Will let you know how things are.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ride on E108 went well today. A bit more snow east of the Ganny center would be nice, but no bare ground. The road running into Rhinos was OK. A few tracks on the lake. Met the groomer north of the tracks, east of Burketon.

Beware of vehicles on the trail east of Burketon. On the way back we met a half ton on the trail going to the "farm" that's in the middle of nowhere south of the railway crossing. Then up the hill just before the tracks, someone had gone for a walk in the bush (dog in car) after leaving their Subaru parked beside the trail.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone ridden on E108 east of Bewdley? If we get the snow that is forecast, I might head over that way for a ride next week.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Unloaded at the Port Perry club house & went to Bewdley. I was impressed with the trails because there was more snow then I thought there would be. Some thin spot closer to the Ganny but the rest was great. Not alot of sleds on the trails, so they were in good shape. I think after todays snowfall the trails in Southern Ont will be the best they have ever have in a long time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone ridden on E108 east of Bewdley? If we get the snow that is forecast, I might head over that way for a ride next week.[/b]
We unloaded @ Enterprise Hill (35/115 split) & rode east almost to Cold Springs. For the amount of time we had, we turned around rather than bounce around & road run & had lunch @ Rhino's. E108 west of 28 was in good shape, both east & west bound. Trail is a bit rought as you approach the 35/115 tunnel.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yesterday after work I left from the Port Perry clubhouse & heading east on E108. I went as far as the old railbed north of Garden Hill. Went up to Millbrook. Better snow cover up there now than when I went up last winter.

Headed back to the Ganny & played around on the trails in the West Forest. I didn't realize that they groomed a lot of the side trails.

Trails were all in good shape & the snow today should help any road running.

103 miles for the evening.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rode from the Port Perry clubhouse over to Rhino's for lunch today. Quite a few sleds out on E108.

Heads up folks. Not all the trails in the Ganny are 1 way.

Trails in good shape except for the approaches to the 35/115 tunnel.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ran some of the railbeds around the Stirling area yesterday after work. North to Madoc & east to Tweed were in good shape. The tracks from Marmora south & over to Campbellford were rough from a ATV being on it when it was soft. Road running is bare thru Campbellford, so I wouldn't try coming from the west.

Kind of messy thru Tweed by the pallet plant.

Be aware of a tree on E108 just east of KM 111 (between Madoc turnoff & Tweed). I cut some of it away & put up some caution tape east & west of it.

IMO, ATVers will never be accepted if they can't wait until the sledding season is over to ride the railbeds.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Monday night I ran from the Northumberland Forest up to Campbellford. Close to 6" of fresh snow by 8:30 when I was loading the sled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts