Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your reports for OFSC District 6 here. Check this map:

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Currently Closed, however, we are getting quite a bit of snow at this time!!! Need colder temps for the swamps/creeks/rivers to freeze!!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unloaded @ Coe Hill & ran the tracks up to LSP. The railbed was a bit choppy north of Bird's Creek.

Travelled along the road to bypass the lake to get to MLSS-173. This trail has been groomed, but is rough in some sections good in others.

E109 from MLSS-173 west is a mixed bag as well.

No real surprises thru there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If someone could help me out here, that'd be great. I'm mapping out a ride for tomorrow and I can't remember if there's a lake crossing on E102 between Griffith and top E trail. It looks like there is by the map... but alot of times the trail runs along side the lake/river.... I've ridden this before but it's been awhile and I can't remember......

anyone?.....

Thanks

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On Saturday we rode the railbed (B106E) from Ormsby Jct. to a couple of miles north of the Hwy 127 crossing. From Lake St. Peter north the trail was in good shape. The only rough stretch was where the trail goes thru the bush between the railbed & the highway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
rode Sunday from Wilberforce up the Miskawbi and then over to Lk St. Peter on the E and E109.

rode back from LSP down teh E109 and then south on the E through harcourt and back to Wilberfoce via the Sentier Vic Poulin trail.

Miskwabi was great in sections, with the odd rock and washout. E trail East from there was 9/10 and the E109 was 7-9/10 with a few washouts and the odd Large rock!!! but nothign you couldn't go around. hastings heritige railbed was tip top and I heard the e106 to whitney was good as well.

snowskimmers are showing most trails open to limited now.

this is the best trails/club in the province IMO!!!!!!!!!!! not enough credit.

Paudash has noticibaly less snow, but have done a marvelous job with a lot of downed trees.

saw 1 tree near wilberfoce that had been pulled from the ground with the roots showing!!!! never seen that happen in the winter.

note: we ran all of lk. St. Peter and it seemed great. very thick clear ice, but be careful out there!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
On Sunday we Rode from the Moosehorn on 41 Hwy to Griffith Via E trail and E102, both were in Excellent shape... I was very surprised how nice they were actually. We wanted to head to Calabogie but it wasn't groomed and there had opnly been a couple sleds go that way...... LOTS of BAD washouts and HUGE trees down over the trail... so we turned around. IT was a good day!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Canadoo, what have you dug up for trail conditions for the ride this weekend. What do you think?[/b]
excellent!

6"-8" in haliburton/highlands east and falling.. predicting 10"-12" by tomorrow morning. mlss will have the trails in tip top shape.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The report:

[attachment=42384:bancroft...2008_001.jpg]

We made it up to Bancroft. Stayed at the Inn rode the 175 and 173 and yes the 175 was extremely bumpy on the Friday. Not sure why but it was still rideable and should of been groomed. The 173 was better so I can only assume there was some sort of issue in the area.

I would like to make a note that this section of the Maple Leaf trail system is very poorly marked and would be hard to navigate for a newbie to the area. All trails should be marked as if someone was riding them for the first time and not a seasoned local. These two trails could really screw up a nice family ride for someone from outside the area. The 175 was not groomed as of Saturday night but the 173 was groomed when we rode it on the Sunday.

Every other trail in the system was sweet. If that new snow did not arrive it would of been a major disappointment. Solid ice base everywhere. Rode approx. 500 kloms on the weekend and I am telling you that these trails could not have been much better.

Thanks for the reports and look forward to the next trip.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The B trail between Whitney & Madawaska was in great shape when we rode thru on Saturday. We met a group on the MLSS-175 that had to have been @ least 20 sleds. Took the group forever to go by us.

I think MLSS-175 hadn't been groomed before the Friday snowfall & that just made it worse.

Be aware on B106E there is a short stretch of logging south of the Hay Lake Rd. & Hwy 127 (north of Lake St. Peter).

·
Registered
20 Posts
glad the trip was good longspur! we rode up mink lake and down to lake st peter from the cookout. 150mi total, but about 15 of that was from me running to get gas for our 3 empty sleds on the B106 north of LSP.. PTB trails were dreadful on the way back at night, but we expected that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts