Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well? Do they? And what is a good brand?

·
Registered
852 Posts
I just bought some, perscription, havent tried them yet as I still have to get a sno x helmet but I would assume being that they offer goggles with  little "turbos" in them fogging can always be a problem. The people that I know that use them dont fog hardly at all.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The only time they fog up on me is when I'm not moving. I don't use turbo's or any treatment on them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
RM-I ride w/ a motocross helmet and Oakley goggles.  They will fog up when you are sitting still.  Whenever I am going to be stationary or walking aroud for a couple minutes or more, I take the goggles off.  Also, if it is snowing heavily or you are riding in deep powder, they will fog up a little.  I always carrya a spare set just to be safe.  Now that I have just about talked you out of MX style helmets and goggles, I will tell you that I ride exclusively with this setup.  Absolutely the best for mountain riding.  Trail and lake riding, I dont know.  One thing-be sure to get snow goggles.  I know a guy that rides with real MX goggles and they are constantly fogging up.  Hope I helped a little.

·
Registered
222 Posts
By the way, Rocketman, my first goggle choice would be Oakley.  Second would be Scott.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been using Goggles for about 4 years now and I will never go back to the flip shield. If you get a motocross style helmet with a breath deflector and good dual pane goggles you can stop b.s. and not fog up. I have found the new Smith Snow Warp goggles to work great. the strap is on an outrigger so it allows the goggle to seal all the way in the corners and not have the strap pulling them away. I like the goggles for the powder also because you never get snow inside.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is a good brand of goggles as far as fogging? I sweat alot when I ride...which ones seal the best?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Again, Oakley or Scott, IMHO.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I see rocketman is always crying when hes losing to Cats thats why his goggles fog up!.... j/k LOL I'm really ticked though I bought a new TXI CAT helmet and it fogs up on me when I am riding. $260.00 and I cant see crap after a good hour ride.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't found much differance in brands I've got oakleys, scotts, & smiths they each have different models (pick one that fits nicely in your helmet) the important thing is "thermol lens's"(dual pain), & "vented lens's". Smith sells a pair that comes with "quick straps" already on that saves ya $10 or $15. Then to complete the job a "no fog" mask is a must! not only for keepin your face protected against wind burn on the fast trails, but to keep the heavy breathing of the tight trail & powder runs from going up & in the lower vents & getting on the outside of the lens.
With this set up I've never, yes I said never, fogged up!
since you are "sweater" look for lenses that have the most vents across the top.
            PS DON'T WUSS OUT BECAUSE OF THE MONEY, BUY A "GOOD" QUALITY HELMET, there's alot of crap out there in mx helmets
"better to bye a good helmet & never need it then not getting one & needing it"

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've heard from others they liked the pro-view gogles so I tried them & did not have any luck with them, the perscription lens touch the thermo lens on the inside & frost starts there & cralls out into your view. I sent them back to see if there was enything they could do, & they sent them back saying that they wore them out snow blowing there drive way & didn't have any problems & that I was stuck with them!

I don't know how anyone else rides but if its like snowblowing your drive way you'll like pro-views. if your throtle works I wouldn't recomend them! at all!!
 You go to gogles to get away from fogging, not to create frost you can't even clean off (it happens between the lenses)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like the Pro-Vue, I am glad my husband found them for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The nice thing about goggles is if they fog a little-from standing around or whatever-you just stop and put them under your hood for 5 minutes or so.  They will be dry and clear again.  Try that with a full face.  Actually the only time my Scott's fog is when I'm trying to dig out and the sweat fogs them up.  I think it's from no air movement, because they don't fog while I'm riding.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts