Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am being told (by the present owner0 that you HAVE to use the Polaris Syn Oil in the 02 Edge-X 600's.

Is this true ? its a bit expensive and I would like to use Amsoil -

What are you guys doing?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Well Viper if Polaris insists you HAVE to use their oil I would believe they MUST supply it to you.You can use amsoil if you want.I would use amsoil if I were you.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
The law stipulates that the manufacturer cannot void your warrenty for using amsoil. They would have to supply you with the oil.
I thought team amsoil was polaris now.Polaris invested 6 figures to get them there?

·
Registered
111 Posts
As long as the oil you use meets the specs.(tcw3)set by the manufacture you will not void the warrenty,some dealers will tell you this
,some will lie
,Im psyched about Amsoils joining up w/Polaris,they make a great product,my .02

·
Registered
282 Posts
No manufacture can void the warranty for not using there oil if it is a equivalent rated product you use instead. Amsoil's policy is that if a dealer or business tells you that their product voids the warranty you notify them (or a indepenent dealer) and they can educate them on how Amsoil meets AND exceeds their products. If for some reason you still have a problem and there is a failure due to the running of Amsoil they will warranty it. I had this problem with the wifes Durango and the ATF fluid. The Dodge dealer told me it would void the warranty and I asked them if they could read english because it says right on the label meets and exceed Mopar ATF + and they wouldn't honor the warranty because I wasn't running Mopar ATF +. I guess they didn't notice our decal on the back of the truck saying that we are an independent Amsoil dealer but maybe he couldn't read that either??  

Just wanted to ket you know the policy with Amsoil. Not trying to put out a spam message!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
In most cases Amsoil EXCEEDS the recomended specs.
Myers racing Inc, I dont think that was spammy at all. Just the facts. I had the same problem with the ATF at the dealers too. The amsoil is ATF+4 which exceeds the mopar atf+3 . The Amsoil is backwards compatibale. I am also an Amsoil dealer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Humm Polaris would not warranty my buddys motor - said since he didn't use Polaris Snyth they wouldn't warranty the motor becuase they couldn't verify the QC of Amsoil

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Same here on the new polaris machines if you dont use synthetic polaris oil, no warrenty on engine, or thats what they say.

·
Registered
282 Posts
These dealers are in the wrong. Amsoil meets and exceeds the ratings required for all engines. I would tell the dealer to show you in writing were it says that you are required to run Polaris oil. I am willing to bet that they can't find anything official from Polaris stating it. Also if the oil caused the failure speak to Amsoil. Here is a link to the Amsoil warranty: Amsoil warranty and here is the link for technical support: Amsoil Tech. dept.

Hope this helps!  

·
Registered
708 Posts
As long as it is still under warranty I would use the dealer oil.
Another factor to consider is how many miles are on the sled, I have always been one to stick with one type of oil on my sleds. Its your choice, what you do not want to do is keep switching from one brand to another.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Ditto on that Myers racing i would love to see a copy of that in writing.  If the dealer cant produce it then he is just trying to sell you the Way overpriced OEM VES oil.  I have heard of tests done by mixing multiple kinds of oil at once with no ill effects.  Almost all the oils are compatible these days as long as you dont use a castor base oil which have crappy low temp pour points anyways.  I doo realize that the polaris VES system is more finicky than others and has a tendency too gum up, but if your set up right with amsoil that will not happen

·
Registered
310 Posts
where can i get amsoil??  i want it for my sled, but i cant find it anywhere.  my dealer doesnst sell it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
We worked with two dealers on it and then talked to Polaris directly. He told them he ran Amsoil in it and provided recipts but because they couldn't identify that it was Amsoil in the tank they said they would not warranty it.  
 Pissed me off a bit but what are you doing to do.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Well i would change brands and dealers to start with, that is a complete scam i would be fuming
If the individual contacts Amsoil im sure they will help him straighten this nightmare out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2001 xc600sp and I use amsoil with good results. The VES did gum up but only had to clean it once over the season. I have a question for the amsoil dealer. I do not like to mix oil as well but if I go on a extended trip and run short on oil, what kind of oil if any can I buy at a gas station that will work with the amsoil. I have heard that if you mix synthetic with non-synthetic it will gel. Is that right.

·
Registered
468 Posts
last season my brothers 2002 xc800 sp had engine troubles.he was using torco oil.when it wasn't right he took it in to the dealer. the pistons where all scuffed up.they replaced the top end no questions asked.any polaris dealer that doesn't don't buy from them.the dealer gets reinbursed no matter what.legally as long as it meets or exceeds the specs for oil they have to warranty your engine plain and simple.like i said if your dealer won't tell him to shove it and go buy some where else

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks to all, your replies make sense.

i did think the "only polaris" oil was a scam. may use it anyway just don't want to be forced!

again thanks!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AMSOIL Synthetic 2-Cycle Injector Oil is compatible with other synthetic and petroleum TC-W3 type oils and may be mixed with them. It is recommended for use with gasoline fuels only.[/b][/quote]

RedX that quote is from the Amsoil site.  When breaking in a sled i mix the amsoil with the leftover 1/4 tank of Reg oil with no problems. I mixed it in a bowl first to test and there was no coagulation or gelling it mixed nice.  The only oil it wont mix with is castor based oils, which dont have good low pour temps.If i am going on a long tour I will have Amsoil sent to one of my destinations waiting for me too reload.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts