Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, blew a head gasket last year...then ran into overheat problems and warpped my heads a little. Took off jugs...sanded the tops flat, also sanded the head flat too. Washed all the parts in soapy water. The gasket kit came with a graphite set of head gaskets. Question is do I need a head gasket sealer of some kind. Read some where that you can use rtv around the coolant jackets. This is a Yamaha exciter 570 LE. This is my beater sled but I want it to be done right.

Just got my 2008 Polaris IQ Shift..this thing is great!!! wheelies no problem...lol

Thanks for any help you can provide.

justabro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, blew a head gasket last year...then ran into overheat problems and warpped my heads a little. Took off jugs...sanded the tops flat, also sanded the head flat too. Washed all the parts in soapy water. The gasket kit came with a graphite set of head gaskets. Question is do I need a head gasket sealer of some kind. Read some where that you can use rtv around the coolant jackets. This is a Yamaha exciter 570 LE. This is my beater sled but I want it to be done right.

Just got my 2008 Polaris IQ Shift..this thing is great!!! wheelies no problem...lol

Thanks for any help you can provide.

justabro[/b]

Hmmm, no one knows if I should use a gasket sealer with a Graphite style head gasket?
I just don't want to apply a sealer and have it leak on me...anyone?

Thanks for any advice..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm, no one knows if I should use a gasket sealer with a Graphite style head gasket?
I just don't want to apply a sealer and have it leak on me...anyone?

Thanks for any advice..[/b]
no if the head and jug are flat no sealer required

1 - 3 of 3 Posts