Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girlfriend is small and she feels she has her hands like 4 feet apart when she driving...is there a handle bar out there that isn't so wide? OR is there some sort of kit???

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
269 Posts
What is she ridding?...my 1993 polaris feels like it has narrow bars, maybe you can get an older set off a polaris... ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now she doesn't have anything. She has driven my 99 ZR a few times.

She feels like the handle bars are too wide for her on mine. But even if I got her a new one, do they make a kit or is that something I could customize?

OR

Will she just have to deal with it?

·
Registered
269 Posts
She may have to deal with it or start checking the width of other makes and see which has the narrowest and get those bars for whatever sled she rides...I have never heard of a kit for that purpose.. :)

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Snowmobile bars take a little getting used to for a woman. Tell her to ride a little closer up on the tank ( this will make for easier handling as well). ;) Your shoulders get used to it and stop hurting after awhile

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The handles on some ski-doo machines are closer together.My wife ran into that problem as well.I know the handles on the formula s,sl and some of the other smaller
machines have the smaller handles not the flat style.Hope this helps ya.

·
Registered
392 Posts
You could cut the bar ends and push everything farther in

But... I'd be cautious. With more narrow bars, she'll have less leverage and it will probably fatigue her faster.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the Arctic Cats I've looked at always seem to have wider handlebars than the couple yamaha's I have. I know they make allot of different handlebars for ATV's. Maybe one of those could be made to work on a certain sled.

·
Registered
539 Posts
LadyK is correct..My wife is short and has to sit closer to the tank. she just purchased a 2003 SkiDoo HighMark
800 HO. She had a 600 Summit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts